Unoffical Add-on zip files
I'm trying to access the zip files on my mac but the only option I get from the System > Install from zip file is the ATV2 directory I do not get the option to add a source from here like I do in the Pictures, Music or Videos menu. I am a newbie so I appreciate your patience and help. I have been scouring the forums for some time and I cannot seem to resolve this.

Thank you!
I think it uses the filemanager sources, so if you add the source there you'll be able to browse via smb.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So I have it setup with SMB and ftp and still no access under System > Add-Ons > Install from zip file The only option I have is "Home Folder"
You have to transfer the zip files to your atv2.
That's kind of what I was thinking, but I couldn't figure out how. Do you do it through ssh? I was able to get in via cyberduck using sftp but I could only see two folders, Library and Media. I always login using root, is that correct?

Any help is welcomed!

Thank you form the newbie.
Using XBMC's filemanager is always a possibility.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

figured it out, if anyone cares to know drop me a line.
I tried to pm younut couldn't - can you say how you managed to transfer files?
download Fugu and login to your atv2.
thanks but unfortunately I'm on windows.....is there a similar program for windows environment?
WinSCP
Filezilla (client) is also a free option if you want a "Windows Explorer like" view of you ATV2's files/folders and you want to copy to/from it easily.

http://filezilla-project.org/

Download and install the client.

File | Site Manager... | New Site

Call your new connection whatever you like e.g. "ATV2"

Host: IP Address of your ATV2
Server Type: SFTP

Logon Type: Normal
User: root
Password: alpine (or whatever you changed it to, if you changed it)

Then "Connect".

In the "Remote Site" Window on the right-hand site you'll now be able to browse your ATV2, copy files to/from it.

In the Site Manager you'll have a short-cut where you can connect directly to it in the future.

The default location for finding Add-on .zips that aren't available via the Add-on Manager is "/private/var/mobile" - something that might be useful in the FAQ, if it isn't there already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unoffical Add-on zip files0