Mixing a Macmini and a AppleTV
I've got a MacMini with my video library on it, running MySQL. It loads files from a path like /Volumes/Videos/HomeVideos/1.avi

My AppleTV2 has XBMC, setup to read the video library from MySQL too. Unfortunately, it tries to read them from /Volumes/Videos/HomeVideos/1.avi too. I don't think anyone has a kernel for the AppleTV's that can support NFS or kexts yet, so I'm...confused. How can I get this working ?

Could I blow away my video library on my MacMini (losing knowledge of what I've watched) and get it to access the videos via SMB locally ? Then both of them should be told to access the videos via SMB, rather than through a specific pathname..

Is there a configuration option on iOS XBMC that could let me do a search/replace on anything coming from the database, to replace '/Volumes/Videos' with 'smb://macmini/Videos' ?

John
BigValen Wrote:I've got a MacMini with my video library on it, running MySQL. It loads files from a path like /Volumes/Videos/HomeVideos/1.avi

My AppleTV2 has XBMC, setup to read the video library from MySQL too. Unfortunately, it tries to read them from /Volumes/Videos/HomeVideos/1.avi too. I don't think anyone has a kernel for the AppleTV's that can support NFS or kexts yet, so I'm...confused. How can I get this working ?

Could I blow away my video library on my MacMini (losing knowledge of what I've watched) and get it to access the videos via SMB locally ? Then both of them should be told to access the videos via SMB, rather than through a specific pathname..

Is there a configuration option on iOS XBMC that could let me do a search/replace on anything coming from the database, to replace '/Volumes/Videos' with 'smb://macmini/Videos' ?

John

Im pretty sure if you set the directory up as a share and just change the source to the share without refreshing info in your mac xbmc it should all work fine and you wont lose your watched statuses etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixing a Macmini and a AppleTV0