[LINUX] Random hangs in video
Question 
Hi there, I have been using XBMC for around a year now, but fairly recently have started experiencing random freezes while watching videos on my nettop (Foxconn 45CS Motherboard, Intel Atom 230, Intel 945 Chipset, running Kubuntu 10.04, although running in standalone mode). These freezes do seem random, as it can go for hours without hanging at all, and then it can freeze several times within minutes. I have SSH'd into the machine, and that is still running, as top still updates and shows a drop in XBMC's CPU load. The PC responds to a the power button, and killing XBMC with top does kill it. However, the keyboard, mouse and Android remote all stop working. When frozen, the audio continues, and then starts to get a little choppy. Upon killing, it briefly shows the current frame at the time of killing.

These issues started on XBMC 9.11 on Kubuntu 9.10, continued with the upgrade to XBMC 10.10, and on a clean install of 10.04. It is however perfectly fine on another identical nettop (still on Kubuntu 9.10 with XBMC 10) and my netbook (Asus EeePC 901, Intel Atom N270, Intel 945 Chipset, running Lubunu 10.10 and XBMC 10).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Any help would be very much appreciated...

Ed
Install gdb, turn on debug logging in XBMC, wait until XBMC hangs, then execute "killall -SEGV xbmc.bin" in a terminal, this will generate a crashlog with a backtrace in it in your home directory, post that crashlog on pastebin.

The backtrace might show why XBMC is hanging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Random hangs in video0