xbmc through vmware
Question 
I'm using windows 7 and I'm runing ubuntu on vmware. everything working fine exept xbmc that runs very slow. when I start xbmc its really slow from the very begining and its realy difficult to navigate through the menus.
this is a new computer so its not supose to run so slow.

I wiil appreciate any suggestions.
xbmc NEEDS hardware acc for smooth working. In most cases this wont work in vmware.
my graphic card is ati radeon 5600 but vmware recognize it as vmware virtual machine communication interface.
maybe that's the reason, and can I fix it?
or maybe you know of an other virtual machine software that could run xbmc.

p.s thanks for the quick answer
You shouldn't expect xbmc to run smooth in production mode on vmware. You should only use it for test or development.

With that said, the GUI is not that slow in vmware player on my win7 laptop with a fast SD. I have disabled swap on both host and guest. noatime in the guest (all due to the SD).
Quote:vmware recognize it as vmware virtual machine communication interface.
The guest are not accessing the hw directly nor using the ati drivers.
how do i disable the swap? i don't really know what it mean
that was not the important part. The important part is that you should not run it in vmware and that xbmc is not accessing your ATI card when you do.

If you don't know what swap is you shouldnt worry about it. Run xbmc directly in win7 instead. Since you have an ATI card win7 is probably a better option anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc through vmware0