HTPC Build Thread
Hi guys

Just wanted to do a brief thread showing what i have just put together. After some consultation with you guys (Query Thread) I eventually ended up putting the below together:

Case: Silverstone GD05B
Memory: Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1300
Motherboard: Asus M4A78LT-M LE
CPU: AMD X4 645 Propus 3.1ghz
Hdd: OCZ Agility 2 2.5" 60GB SDD
GPU: Asus GT 430 1GB
PSU: Antec Earthwatts Green 380W Power Supply

I also bought a Samsung BD Rom from Microcenter which i installed.

I put it all together over a few hours, plugged it in and it wouldnt start. After much back and forth fiddling with the components, I eventually discovered that Newegg had shipped the board with the CMOS jumper set to clear... rookie mistake. Re-Jumpered the board and everything booted first time. No issues with any components. Set it up with Windows 7 Enterprise and she flies! Boots in 15 secs flat. I included a Windows Experience Pic. Set up SABNZBD, Sickbeard & CouchPotato. Once the rest of my equipment arrives from South Africa, I will be setting up my Unraid box and this box will use it as a NAS.Some pics below (apologies for the shaky pics!) Also, please note: cable management is not my strong point!

Looks solid Big Grin nice build!
Cool system!

Thanks poofyhairguy, the build was based on reading many of your constructive posts to other HTPC builders. Once my P50GT25 50" 3D Panasonic plasma and my HT7300 Onkyo HTIB comes I will take some pics of the whole system... With a real camera this time, no shaky BB pics!
My current HTPC Setup
thats a beast!! Smile

Nice HTPC Bobb25!!

Congratz!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Build Thread0