Is it worth it? atv2 with 100k+ songs?
Hi I have used XBMC on ubuntu and windows machine - I am wondering if Apple TV 2 can really handle 720p/1080p files. Well from doing some research it is still unclear but it does seem it supports 720p very well. My question is, what happens when your library is 100s or movies and 10000s of songs and the scrapper is running - does the cache or apple tv 2's internal space fill up to a point where it becomes slow etc? any experience with that?

Also I havent done any apple hacking, do you think this is a good deal?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0567297939
or is it better to do this on my own?
Do it on your own... the jailbreak utilities are pretty straight forward. $60 for them to jailbreak it is expensive.
From personel experience I have a HUGE database over 2000 moves and 123 FULL tv Shows I am new to this ATV2 (had one given as a presant)
I have had to play around with it a bit to get it running smooth but it is and I love it now.
So much I am thinking of replacing my other Two Revos Jailbreaking is Easy you just follow the onscreen instruction using Greenpoison.
(note Mine didnt come with a USB cable and its not a standerd size)
I have mine running through the SQL so my thumbnails are stored on my server but theres more then enough space
on the ATV2 for all your thumbnails if needed I highly recommend these as XBMC is only going to get better :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it worth it? atv2 with 100k+ songs?0