• 82(current)
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon
I am experiencing the same problem as above. All I get is "ERROR" when I select a stream. Killing me missing the college baseball regionals. Very thankful for it working as long as it did though. Thx Dev!
TV: Magnavox 37" LCD AVR: Harmon Kardon AVR635
HTPC: Old AMD x4,8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 60 GB, WD 1 TB
XBMC: Eden BetaV2 Skin: Neon

For me, I can watch only events on ESPN3. Anything other than that I get a message "access to this content requires a television subscription" which translates to ERROR in the addon. I'm with comcast and I have only basic subscription which doesn't include ESPN. Looks like they are able to verify if you have the right subscription with your cable provider at least if you are with comcast.
I have a legitimate Comcast subscription, can someone help explain what I have to do to access WatchESPN functionality?
You have to have Tv service from TWC, BHN, Verizon Fios, or Comcast to WatchESPN/2/U if you don't the only thing you can watch is ESPN3.

If you can watch in a browser on watchespn.com you can watch it in XBMC
That's what I thought but when I enter in my Comcast information the video won't play. When I remove all the comcast information, ESPN3 (only) video plays fine. I've also made the edit mentioned above replacing password with passwd in the script.
(2012-06-03, 23:52)dylanb Wrote: That's what I thought but when I enter in my Comcast information the video won't play. When I remove all the comcast information, ESPN3 (only) video plays fine. I've also made the edit mentioned above replacing password with passwd in the script.

Have you tried playing it from your PC using a browser? Does it work? Providing xbmc.log might help to identifying your issue. What happens when you play them in XBMC?
(2012-06-03, 23:52)dylanb Wrote: That's what I thought but when I enter in my Comcast information the video won't play. When I remove all the comcast information, ESPN3 (only) video plays fine. I've also made the edit mentioned above replacing password with passwd in the script.
Do you have TV or just internet with comcast?

Add me to the list of those who got to enjoy ESPN/2/U via this addon until last week, despite not being on Comcast internet & without cable. ESPN3 usage ended in April, shortly after installation, and, since I don't have an account, I've been SOL there.
I have Comcast at a different household -- full TV service and internet -- and I can watch things fine with my web browser when logged in. Here's the log when I try to play a file.
http://pastebin.com/dVWxwyu3
Looking more closely.. I think the problem is with ATT (my local ISP) being picked up instead of Comcast (my remote login ISP).

The userdata file in my app data contains ATT info, not Comcast and it takes some jiggling to get things to play properly in IE.

Suggestions?
I also have Comcast internet and can access WatchESPN on my HTPC's browser, but cannot access it through XBMC. Getting an error when I have my login entered and the login checkbox enabled. When it's not enabled I can watch ESPN3 just fine.
Well I'm Time Warner non comcast and I don't have an ESPN package, but it worked fine. All streams played, until one day nothing.
(2012-06-05, 08:24)Xgman Wrote: I also have Comcast internet and can access WatchESPN on my HTPC's browser, but cannot access it through XBMC. Getting an error when I have my login entered and the login checkbox enabled. When it's not enabled I can watch ESPN3 just fine.
login doesn't work
(2012-06-05, 11:36)apanihi Wrote: Well I'm Time Warner non comcast and I don't have an ESPN package, but it worked fine. All streams played, until one day nothing.

ditto. exactly.

Doesn't work for me either. Just says error. I have Time Warner and always worked before.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon12