[LIVE] Content of one local drive not showing
I've got XBMC Live 10.0 running from USB stick on an HP Proliant microserver (4 bay).

I've configured it to mount the local drives at boot.

All 3 disks show when browsing for content in XBMC with the long names (UUIDs ?) but one of the disks shows as having nothing on it. It has 2 partitions, the first is bootable and the other is an LVM partition containing loads of media. (It's a vortexbox installation and vortexbox set up the LVM)

Should XBMC be able to see the media in the LVM partition? Any other suggestions?

Chris
Hi mate,

I am looking at the exact same configuration. what is is that you have to do for the local disks to show up to xbmc. Also, can you access these drives in the HP from other computers in the network? Did you have to do anything for this?

Really appreciate your help on this.

Regards,
Vishal
To mount local disks see here:

http://boshdirect.com/blogs/tech/set-xbm...rives.html

or

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50489

To share with other computers I think you have to enable UPnP in the system menu. Haven't done this yet.

If you need more detail, shout...
Thanks a lot.

Regarding the sharing question-maybe I was not very clear. All I am looking to do it access the drives stored in the HP microserver by mapping the drives to another windows desktop in my home network so that I can copy stuff to it. Does the XBMC installation have Samba enabled for this?

Also, in general, how is the speed of XBMC navigation? Can you install Aeon skin and does it work fine? Any other issues/pointers that I should be aware of?

Thanks once again.
My misunderstanding of what uPnP does. No - it doesn't seem to have Samba enabled as the disks don't show up in the windows network. I haven't looked into this yet so if you find out how to do this please let me know.

XBMC navigation seems very fast, no lag at all. And this is with an MCE remote which worked out of the box.

No idea about the Aeon skin....

Other stuff...

Don't know whether you have your hardware yet, I got an ASUS G210 graphics card - it's a bit noisy (but other threads said to avoid passive cooled cards). The card has hdmi output but you have to direct audio output to hdmi in xbmc settings. Got a Vista MCE remote from eBay which as I say worked out of the box.

I had a problem installing to USB (scanning disks hangs at 43%), but managed to sort it.

I have wake on LAN working, also XBMC remote for android - it will wake the box too. Really good if you have an android phone.

Ask if you need more details - not sure what stage you are at. I was a complete noob at the start of this but happy to share what little knowledge I now have.

Meanwhile..... my original problem: Anyone know whether xbmc supports logical volumes as they aren't showing up.
Thank you. Really appreciate your help.

I have the hardware waiting for me at home. Not sure when I will get time to start working. I have also ordered XFX GeForce G 210 512MB DDR2 HDMI from amazon. Hopefully this one will fit in.

I am looking to install the XMBC using the live CD on the usb drive and have all my media stored in the 2 HD installed in the microserver. I would however like to use this as a NAS box and hence would like to understand if Samba can be enabled. I will let you know if I find more info.

I was definitely going to use the Android xbmc app and also order the MCE remote once I am happy with the set-up.

Anyways loads to do and I will definitely bug you if I get stuck. Hope that is fine.

Thanks once again.
No worries.....

The install to USB problem (depends on how your stick comes formatted) is mentioned here

http://blog.projectnibble.org/2010/08/03...ing-disks/

Of course if you are installing to the USB, pulling it out is no good. I got my brother in law to format it with 512byte sectors on his Mac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Content of one local drive not showing0