MySQL database
i run an ATV2 with xbmc. I also have a server running with MySQL.
A xbmc on a windows machine is running and using these MySQL database.

If i try to set up the APTV2 to use these MySQL:

advancedsettings.xml

in location:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.123.10</host>
    <name>xbmc</name>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <name>xbmc</name>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

xbmc is hanging.

Is there MySQl Support in iOS-Version at the moment? Am I wrong?

cheers
Alfred
Of course there is SMB support. It'll be quicker to search for your answer. In fact, a quick browse and you'll see the same question prosed in the [AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support? thread with an example advancedsettings.xml pasted.

We want to prevent many threads with the same questions popping up and clogging the forum. It's online forum etiquette. Smile

Anyways, you'll see that your have a conflict in trying to get the music and video to use the same database.

I recommend you Google search for the guide on LifeHacker that outline everything you need to do to get this working. Very clear step by step guide. Highly recommended.
AScherff Wrote:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
   [color=red] <name>xbmc</name>[/color]
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
  [color=red]  <name>xbmc</name>[/color]
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Hi there, what are your databases called? as this file has both the music and video database defined as "xbmc". I'm pretty sure that can't be right
Image Don't even think about my mother!
dazex Wrote:We want to prevent many threads with the same questions popping up and clogging the forum. It's online forum etiquette. Smile

Sorry for that Blush

and thanks. I will go for that threat. I didn't know that xbmc need two databases instead of using different table names...
If you've been following the instructions on how to create your mysql databases properly, the reason is that the name section should have xbmc_video and xbmc_music respectively not xbmc as these are the names the instructions suggest to use for your databases. I suspect the hang is because there is no database called xbmc.

If you've gone off and done your own thing, then you need to reflect whatever names you given those databases.

Incidentally, if you are setting this up for use on iOS there will be some additional settings you need to apply in order to get it to work which you should find detailed in some of the other threads as suggested above.

Have been working on this myself recently and think I've finally got it working as I'd like. From my experience - use the log, it will tell you why it's not working. Worked for me Big Grin
T4FF Wrote:If you've been following the instructions on how to create your mysql databases properly, the reason is that the name section should have xbmc_video and xbmc_music respectively.

May help to check what the other replies say, the times and dates, and maybe pay attention to the name of the OP prior to replying...
Image Don't even think about my mother!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL database0