New viewtype Problem
Hi

Trying to add two new viewtypes one for Advanced Launcher and one for Video Add-Ons.

I modded the file viewtype and want to use it as a new viewtype instead of replacing files.

What I did was

For Launcher (Haven't gotten to Video Add-Ons yet) I changed the following in the viewtype xml file:

PHP Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(700)</visible
PHP Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="700"
PHP Code:
<viewtype label="31289">Poster Fixed Info Launcher</viewtype

Change everything to ID 700
Change the name of the viewtype
I also tried changing the label tag to 99999

In MyPrograms XML i added:

PHP Code:
<views>501,505,55,503,58,54,59,506,507,700</views
PHP Code:
[b]<include>Viewtype_Poster_Fixed_Info_launcher</include>[/b
(Which I called my viewtype XML)

But it doesn't show up on the list.

What haven't I done right?

Getting Frustrated Oo
You'll have to add it to the Includes.xml list of includes as well.
Well theres the Problem. Thank you very much once again. Big Grin
As previous posted I got it to work but now I have another question Smile

How do I add Fanart to the view? I can't seem to find any reference to it in any of the other views.

I built it off of the Files view since that worked and was fairly simple to figure out

This is what I got so far. Works for Advanced launcher. Don't know how it will work on other Apps Smile

Just realised I didn't add fanart to Programs - consider it do for next update.
Ok I'll just sit tight then Smile
Done.
Hitcher, could you please take a look into your mailbox.
I sent you a PM.

Thanks

First time poster, usually solve everything with help from reading these forums and have my XBMC setup pretty sorted Smile

This however would really top it off, my Advanced launcher has always looked out of place since I started using Alaska Revisted. All skins seem to have pretty inconsistent Add on views so changing skin wont really help me. I was wondering if you could share your modified views.xml file with me, as I was unable to successfully edit the skin as well as you have by the looks of things. I use the standard poster fixed for all other views and wanted something similar and horizontal.

Many thanks if you find time to post it, I should be able to add it as a new view or replace one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New viewtype Problem0