I received a PM telling me that the "House" example I used was wrong. I think this is something that should be shared and answered here, so without author's name it reads:
Quote:Dr. House MD is actually named House MD NOT House... most scrapers will autocorrect this, but you might want to use a different example before some smartass points it out
To answer this, and not to be the smartass, the shows name is House
with a show Id of 73255. There are 2 other english listings for this show. They are House MD and House M.D., but they each have the same show Id of 73255. If you go to that Id, you get a show called "House
thetvdb.com scraper with each name, and I delete my database before each test. Here are my results. When I auto scrape House I get it every time. When I tested both House MD and House M.D., I got zero on scrape and zero with auto update at start up. I tried a manual refresh on each and both required that I remove the MD or M.D. for it to scrape.
This brings me back to my point, you need to know what the actual name of the show that is in thetvdb.com.
No need to PM me about something that should be shared. I won't say that my way is perfect, but I will say that everthing that I have written, is the way I do it myself, and it works for me. If you get different results, post up here and let me know.