[ATV1 + LINUX + XBMC] how do i auto mount?
Need a little help, trying to auto mount my thumbnails directory on from my windows server. I know a little linux to get around, but can;t work out the exact command to auto mount the below.

Code:
sudo mount //192.168.3.5/Thumbnails /media/Thumbnails -o username=xbmc,password=password

sudo ln -s /media/Thumbnails/ $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails

Thx
Matt.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
Here's the line from my /etc/fstab on a Shuttle XS35GT:

Code:
//192.168.0.11/Thumbnails/ /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/ cifs username=myuser,password=mypassword,uid=1000 0 0

I placed that at the bottom of the file, and don't do any symlinking from /media. Make sure the user has write permission to the mount if you ever plan to update XBMC from this machine, otherwise you won't get thumbnails Wink

EDIT: should have said, this is for Samba shares, not NFS
Go to Applications/software centre and search for "NTFS Configuration Tool".
Install it and then you will find it in System/Administration. It is very easy to use.
IAmNotAUser Wrote:Here's the line from my /etc/fstab on a Shuttle XS35GT:

Code:
//192.168.0.11/Thumbnails/ /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/ cifs username=myuser,password=mypassword,uid=1000 0 0

I placed that at the bottom of the file, and don't do any symlinking from /media. Make sure the user has write permission to the mount if you ever plan to update XBMC from this machine, otherwise you won't get thumbnails Wink

EDIT: should have said, this is for Samba shares, not NFS

prefect worked a treat.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV1 + LINUX + XBMC] how do i auto mount?0