Duplicate Songs in XBMC
I spent all day yesterday finally getting XBMC to show songs on my Windows 7 PC via Tversity

All works fine except there are hundreds of duplicates
It says I have 22000 songs which is off by about 4000 I really have about 18000

Anyhow, I downloaded the database from XBMC and loaded it in a SQL Viewer and indeed there are many dupes

How can I edit this Dbase file and remove only the dupes and then put it back on my XBMC so its clean

Is there a program for Windows I can download FREE to do this?

Thanks all
This is the iOS section of XBMC support dedicated to problems with Apple products (Apple TV, iPhone and iPad).

Having said that have you tried just running "clean library" accessible from "System" - "Music" - "Library".
Image Don't even think about my mother!
sorry i was not clear, i am talking about ATV2 playing songs from my windows 7 pc. So the issue is on ATV2
TVersity == upnp server?

If so, there's a very good chance that the URLs are not stable (i.e. the URL to each "file" can change from run to run) so you CANNOT store these in the XBMC database. You have to browse via filemode instead.

You need to use a stable URL scheme (eg smb://) in order to have content in XBMC's library (after all - it needs to be able to find it!)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok thanks for the tip
Now my problem, Tversity UPNP was the only way I could get the songs from my Windows 7 to show on Apple TV
I cant seem to get it any other way, from the WMB not working to asking for a un and pw when there is none on my Windows 7 PC which is set to share
do you have a better suggestion and maybe some instructions please
My desire is to show all the Itunes songs and playlist I have on XBMC on ATV and use that

I appreciate your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate Songs in XBMC0