Remote Stops Working
Hey guys,

I recently updated to the latest version of XBMC and im having an issue. I used the tutorial posted on here to get my happauge remote working with XBMC and it worked beautifully. After updating I'm having some issues.

I can browse through the movies with no issue, all menus etc. But as soon as i play a movie all functions on the remote stop working. I cant play/pause or anything at all, no button works.

Im just wondering if any one can help me resolve this issue? Im still new to all of this stuff so its hard for me to figure it out.

Thanks!

UPDATE: It seems to stop working after i try to use the volume button. After i try to turn the volume up i loose all function from remote.
Ive messed around with settings and still no luck Sad

Seems like the latest updated screwed my remote
Guess its time to get a new MCE remote eh? lol

Also, When i use the + Key on my keyboard to increase volume, it also loses functionality. Then im stuck using the mouse.
Im still having this issue. Ive recently moved and would love to use this remote again. All of the issues above are still happening.

Ive downloaded evenghost but i have NO idea how to use it lol
In one of your previous posts you mentioned: "When i use the + Key on my keyboard to increase volume, it also loses functionality". Is this still the case? If so enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging and restart XBMC then play a video and try pressing the + key a few times until it stops working. Close XBMC and pop the debug log on pastebin.com.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR
I just tried using the + key to turn up the volume while watching a movie and in the menu and it works fine. But as soon as i use the volume button on my remote both the keyboard and remote stop working. But i can use the mouse to move around etc...

Heres my pastebin: http://pastebin.com/P8jJAEr6

Thanks A lot for the quick reply!
to me it sounds like XBMC doesnt have the focus anymore. (just a wild guess, I haven't looked at the log)

maybe your remote send s keystroke that is catched by another program aswell.

try it with your remote and when nothing works anymore click with your mouse in xbmc and see if the buttons start working again.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Well in my Irremote.ini file i have all the same settings i had before i upgraded XBMC. The whole point of having the remote was so i dont need to use the keyboard or mouse. But no, clicking with the mouse afterwards doesnt make a difference. I can only use the mouse.

I also thought it might be an issue with a program in the background so i went into task manager and closed everything that i thought might be used with the remote down.
Looking at your log I'd guess you pressed the volume up button at line number 866. The lines starting at 866 show:

DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 0, sym: 304, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61600 pressed, action is
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 0, sym: 61, unicode: 43, modifier: 1
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 192699 pressed, action is
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 0, sym: 304, unicode: 0, modifier: 1
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 192672 pressed, action is
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 0, sym: 61, unicode: 43, modifier: 1
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 192699 pressed, action is

The key numbers are a little impenetrable (though they make more sense when converted to hex) but it shows the following key presses:

left shift
shift-plus
shift-left shift
shift-plus

So it looks as if your remote is sending a "shift down" signal when you press the volume up button. Firstly this does nothing since there is no mapping for shift-plus, and secondly because it doesn't send a "shift up" signal your PC thinks the shift key is being held down. That's why it stops everything working. You may find that pressing and releasing the left shift on the keyboard will make the keys work again, but of course only until you press volume up on the remote again.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Stops Working0