A skin with a half-watched icon?
I've been using MCE/Media Browser for a long time because when I first configured my HTPC XBMC did not support hardware acceleration, now that it does, I'm back and I love it!

The only thing I'm missing so far though is an icon to indicate that I started watching a show/movie but did not watch it all the way through. I do this a lot and it's good to see at a glance which movies I finished and which ones I have to go back to finish watching.

Plex for MacOS has this in their Aeon skin (it actually has an unwatched and a half-watched icon, full circle and half circle respectively), but I tried Aeon MQ2 and it only seemed to have a "fully" watched flag unless I tested it wrong.

I tried a few of the other skins available for download within Dharma but couldn't find one with this half circle/half watched icon.

Can anyone suggest a skin which includes this feature?
Seeing as XBMC doesn't do this you're not likely to find a skin that does either.
It would be neat if XBMC had this functionality though. Not a dealbreaker for me, but would be nice.
Think technically it could possibly be done now? You can certainly create a playlist of in-progress items, so this could maybe be extended?
Basically we'd have to join against the bookmarks table to know whether something was in progress, then extend the overlay system to allow for it. A patch would be welcome.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Alright, thanks for the replies everyone, I'll stop downloading skins and post a feature suggestion.

Sort of related, MediaBrowser has another feature where it will mark a folder with the watched flag if you have watched all video files stored within that folder, in most cases it's just one folder so you watch that one file, it marks the file as watched but also marks the actual folder. This way when sorted by folder/file you don't have to enter the folder to see if the video contained within has been watched.

Same questions, does XBMC support this and if so, which skin uses this feature? (I see another feature suggestions in my future).
No, but my files_in_lib branch effectively takes care of the simple case of "movies in a folder".
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:No, but my files_in_lib branch effectively takes care of the simple case of "movies in a folder".

Excellent, I look forward to seeing how that works in practice. I saw your thread in the skinning forum, how far are you away from adding this to master? (then I assume the skinners will need to modify skins to take advantage of it?)
Not far - just a couple of things to cleanup (specifically VIDEO_TS folders).

prae5 Wrote:Think technically it could possibly be done now? You can certainly create a playlist of in-progress items, so this could maybe be extended?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post736824

Speaking of playlists, how about prebuilt one? Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Awesome, thanks for the link. I haven't really worked with playlist much so I'll give them a go and see if it helps me customise XBMC to the way I watch my media.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A skin with a half-watched icon?0