Help Please.
First of all thank you in advance...

I'm Having one HECK of a time setting up the "Movies" portion of XBMC on my (brand new) Apple TV 2. I've spent the last 4 hours plus trying to figure it out and have come to my whits end. I've seen numerous posts about people having the problems, but none of them seem to relate. I was able to setup the 'Videos" sources part flawlessly. Have the content set to "movies" and scraper in place. But that's where the smooth sailing comes to an abrupt halt and the interesting part starts. The thing is that I have XBMC running on my netbook and the "Movies" section is working PERFECTLY normal. But when I attempt install the same EXACT skin, and employ identical settings on my Apple TV I fail miserably at achieving the same results!

Somebody please tell me What I am doing wrong, and point me in the right direction!

Thanks again,
Beau
Are your sources UPnP by any chance? If so, the scrapers will almost certainly fail, use SMB instead. If that's not your problem, I'm afraid you're going to have to be rather more specific about what steps you have taken and which part of the process is failing...
Very nice subject...RolleyesAngry
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Dan Gleibitz Wrote:Are your sources UPnP by any chance? If so, the scrapers will almost certainly fail, use SMB instead. If that's not your problem, I'm afraid you're going to have to be rather more specific about what steps you have taken and which part of the process is failing...

Ok, that HAS to be it. Sweet! Making progress. Thank you!

I am Using UPnP. Which brings me to my next problem then. My "server" is running Windows 7, when I find it under the SMB setup it asks me for a username/password. To my knowledge network doesn't have a Username or password. I've made sure that "share w/ everyone" is enabled and that "password protect" sharing is disabled. But it still asks... Any ideas what this could be?
BeerBongBeau Wrote:Ok, that HAS to be it. Sweet! Making progress. Thank you!

I am Using UPnP. Which brings me to my next problem then. My "server" is running Windows 7, when I find it under the SMB setup it asks me for a username/password. To my knowledge network doesn't have a Username or password. I've made sure that "share w/ everyone" is enabled and that "password protect" sharing is disabled. But it still asks... Any ideas what this could be?

This may help:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post727674
Create a new user on your windows 7 machine called XBMC with the same for a password, then share the folders with that username. Now, when your atv xbmc asks, use that user/pass combo to access the smb share
OniFactor Wrote:Create a new user on your windows 7 machine called XBMC with the same for a password, then share the folders with that username. Now, when your atv xbmc asks, use that user/pass combo to access the smb share

OniFactor, YOU ARE THE MAN! Big Grin That worked PERFECT! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Scarping info now!
no problem. i'm slowly working on getting everything set up just right, myself. i'm all of a sudden having buffering issues, though.. might have to hard-wire.
OniFactor Wrote:no problem. i'm slowly working on getting everything set up just right, myself. i'm all of a sudden having buffering issues, though.. might have to hard-wire.

Haha, I know... If its not one thing, it's another! The same thing is happening to me. I'm wondering if it has anything to do w/ the SMB vs UPnP connection? Because unless I'm just imaginging it, it was buffering a whole heck of a lot less last night when I was using UPnP. Huh

Hopefully I can find a solution soon.
i'm not sure. i'm not using uPnP, and i still lag. currently, i'm even having connectivity issues with my mediaserver, so who knows where the lag is really coming from. curious, is your ATV and/or server connected via ethernet? or all wireless?
Wireless. I've also noticed a difference in the type of media that I'm trying to stream. H.264 not only streams better, but also looks WAY better than hi def .avi files that look pretty bad and have a tough time buffering. Either way its pretty well documented on one or the "sticky" posts. Can't point you to the exact page, but there is some known issues that is linked to the hardware. I'm not worried, this xbmc port is relatively new. I'm sure they'll be making some tweaks soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Please.0