Finally built my HTPC
wicky Wrote:I prefer using the internal wifi cards rather than USB, and have had great luck with these. A bit pricy, but you get 802.11n and Bluetooth, which saves a few USB ports and you typically see better performance out of these unless the USB one has a pretty solid antenna system.

The one on the Zotac board is actually an AzureWave b/g/n card like that one (though minus the BT). Just didn't work for me at all. I've read about it having issues with Win7 x64... that might be the culprit.
Just tried the built-in wifi on 64-bit Ubuntu and it failed there, too. Detects the network with full strength, but then refuses to connect.
deadwolfbones Wrote:Wish I could do this, but I'm renting and I don't think my landlord would appreciate it much. Laugh

I got this adapter, which I've used on two other builds so far with great success: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833704045

u can test LAN over POWER 200mbit power sockets to lan , i did this first with my digital TV that runs over a seperate internet connection and it works flawless ( got DEVOLO's )
Yeah, I've installed powerline networking at a few people's houses and it worked pretty well. I'm not sure about the quality of the wiring in my house, but I think it would hold up... also not certain whether the media center is on the same breaker as my router. Lots of things to check on. :o
I really don't get this at all. The goddamn thing connects fine to my wifi tether on my phone (Droid 2) but will not connect whatsoever to my router. I've tried it with WPA2 and without any authentication. Same result. Also tried changing the router's wifi channel to the same one my phone uses. No difference. This is driving me up a wall (which is stupid since I already ordered the USB adapter).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finally built my HTPC0