? Display Run-Time for video files
Hi all - I'm new the the XBMC world and one of the things I miss after making the jump from MCE is having the run time displayed while browsing the contents. I've searched here, and the web, for possible answers but came up dry.

I was hoping that someone in this forum could offer some insights... is there a way to modify the .xml (and which one is relevant) to show the "time" rather than the file size in a given menu (in this case the videos menu)?

Best regards, E
Have you added these items to your library? Most skins will have some views that do display runtime.
Thanks for the quick reply - I'm using XBMC straight out of the box with the default Confluence skin. If what you mean by "library" is to "Add Video Source", I've done that and all I get it title and file in the folder view. The Library radio button is grayed out in the left hand options of the video menu <??>.
EdNygma Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply - I'm using XBMC straight out of the box with the default Confluence skin. If what you mean by "library" is to "Add Video Source", I've done that and all I get it title and file in the folder view. The Library radio button is grayed out in the left hand options of the video menu <??>.

You need to chose the option "set content" for your source so it gets scanned into the library.
I did - but I do not want to use the library to browse for content, I prefer the old fashioned folder/files hierarchy. I can navigate through the assorted prompts to get more detailed information about the clip but only if the file name is in a format the information feature can digest. What I'm after is having the ability to simply see the videos' run-time displayed in place of the file size in the file view mode. It just seems to me that the "run -time" is more germane than file size in this use. I am assuming that there is a line/lines of code telling the menu screen what to display. If there is, would it be possible to change the script at my end?

I was also wondering if there is way to have the system setup to send deleted files to the recycle bin in lieu of a permanent delete?

Thanks again for your input, E
Your not going to get run time in XBMC in file mode mce is different its part of windows where that info is already available

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
? Display Run-Time for video files0