Import library settings from Mac to Apple TV2
Got up and running on XBMC on the Apple TV2 a few days ago. Like how it works so far. I'm find that scraping my media via the Apply TV to be quite long. I've already scraped the same media on the XBMC running on my Mac and exported the video library.

Is there a way to import that same library from my Mac on my Apple TV?

When I go under settings and then library then "import video library" it only shows the option for looking within /var/mobile. I've added server locations for my files (movies, TV etc) so XBMC can find and play those files but I can't seem to add a location under "import video library" so I can select my newly exported library info on my Mac.
I was thinking of doing the same to my iPad. Have a library on my atv2, i have done export library and the file should be in the atv2. I was thinking of just pick the file up and transfer it to the same location but in the ipad and then find it from xbmc in the ipad?

Should go fine I think, not home right now so I cant test it yet.
I think it would work but how does one access the /var/mobile folder on the ATV2 from another Mac?
Chrisman Wrote:I think it would work but how does one access the /var/mobile folder on the ATV2 from another Mac?
You should be able to use an FTP client (CyberDuck or Transmit are examples) on your Mac and connect to the IP address of your ATV2, you will then be able to navigate around the folders. The username is likely to be root and the password alpine
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
@DazNoonan Thanks! Transmit worked perfectly. The Mac and ATV2 are finally up-to-date!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import library settings from Mac to Apple TV20