manage WDTV Live+ and XBMC
I just purchased a WDTV Live+ as a light weight way to watch movies/TV in a bedroom. I know other people have both XBMC and WDTV Live, so I am just wondering how you automate/manage both devices?

I have Sickbeard for downloading my TV shows, and currently use XBMC live lookup for TV metadata and I am running Ember Media Manager to get all my movie info.
Sufreak,
Iam looking at one of these for technophob (no technical ability and they live 5 hours drive away) friends. But I can't see ANY information about the interface. What is your experience with it ?

Thanks.
So far, I've observed the following with the stock firmware:

1. If the media is on a network drive, every time you want to view it, you have to browse to the network drive and browse through the folders. I'd love it if you could map a media share folder to a specific function, (videos, music, pictures, etc).

I don't see that so far, so I have to investigate the custom firmware. Also, I had to use Ember Media manager to adjust my metadata. I've used the folder.jpg features. Not nearly as pretty as XBMC.

Overall, stock firmware is a let down. But, if I have time this week, I'll flash it with the new one and see what happens.
So does the WDTV Live have any kind of graphical fanart folder art views to select movies.

What about TV shows ? Is there any kind of useful interface for managing TV shows ?

Thanks.
You can use hacked firmwares along with cover/fan art generators like Thumbgen to get something going.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
manage WDTV Live+ and XBMC0