[ATV2] Latest build?
When I use greenpois0n to jailbreak my ATV2 and use nitoTV to install XBMC, is the latest release being installed? How do I get a nightly build?

Thanks!
There is a thread for nightly builds that includes a tutorial. Its stickied in the iOS forum.
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
Thanks, CASHMON3Y. That looks way out of my league for the time being. I'm gonna sit on the bench until I learn a bit more from the big-leaguers, then maybe I'll play around with that stuff.
Nightlies appear to be on a hold because development seems to be stalled.. Atleast as far as commits on the git site... apparently they are working to merge back into the main branch
Numus Wrote:Nightlies appear to be on a hold because development seems to be stalled.. Atleast as far as commits on the git site... apparently they are working to merge back into the main branch

You can see the work is continuing on the master branch ("the merge").

Davilla is keeping busy!

I'm sure there will be a new official release once the master branch is stable for iOS. After that there will likely be automated "official" nightlies every night (as they do for other platforms).
popcornmix Wrote:You can see the work is continuing on the master branch ("the merge").

Davilla is keeping busy!

I'm sure there will be a new official release once the master branch is stable for iOS. After that there will likely be automated "official" nightlies every night (as they do for other platforms).

Thats what i get for still using https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commits/atv2
popcornmix Wrote:You can see the work is continuing on the master branch ("the merge").

Davilla is keeping busy!

He seems pretty motivated to get the iOS code merged. Lucky for us all. In a pretty short few months XBMC for iOS has just about caught up with the rest of the platforms and made the atv2 into an awesome HTPC replacement.

It'll be interesting to see if Apple releases an SDK/app store for the atv2 and allows XBMC as a sanctioned app. It'd be a great way to get lots of atv2's out there... which only improves their chances of selling content.
jd2157 Wrote:He seems pretty motivated to get the iOS code merged. Lucky for us all. In a pretty short few months XBMC for iOS has just about caught up with the rest of the platforms and made the atv2 into an awesome HTPC replacement.

It'll be interesting to see if Apple releases an SDK/app store for the atv2 and allows XBMC as a sanctioned app. It'd be a great way to get lots of atv2's out there... which only improves their chances of selling content.

IDK the current builds seem to freeze a lot during skip/seek...
jd2157 Wrote:He seems pretty motivated to get the iOS code merged. Lucky for us all. In a pretty short few months XBMC for iOS has just about caught up with the rest of the platforms and made the atv2 into an awesome HTPC replacement.

XBMC will never make it into app store
amet Wrote:XBMC will never make it into app store

Nope apple couldnt cope with the compitition Who needs them anyway :-)
Some ppl keep forgetting that they are currently merging branches of xbmc. That means each step of the way, you gotta ensure what what they are merging doesn't break affect the main in any way and secondly, doesn't break the current build. It's a tedious process.

It only makes sense that no new code, or bug fixes get introduce to the ATV2 branch. Essentially code freeze. Or else it would be like chasing/shooting a moving target. I already wrote about the freeze skips in current latest build. Gimli even tried to patch it with the march 5th release. Though that helped with the sound, it didn't resolve the issue. And the side effect is it's another patch that the debs merging the code have to keep track of and include in the merge branch, including building and testing. Like I said, it's a tedious cycle.

So, I expect bug fixes and other development won't start occurring at the former rapid pace until the merge is completed. In the mean time, there is an official build and I don't remember it suffering from the slow framerate problem after fastest/rewind operation.

Anyways, everything I mention above is not new. We all need to show support and show that we understand the current hurdles facing the team instead of inundating them with the same bug fix request. I want all their effort to continue to be fun an rewarding for each of thus dev team members. It would be tragic for things to get overwhelming and nit fun anymore for the team members. I.e. One of the reason why the unofficial build thread was locked.

Keep up the good work dev team. We can't wait to see the development after merge is complete. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Latest build?0