If I already have a jailbroken 4.2.1 greenpois0n atv2. How do or would in the future upgrade to 4.3.1 without losing my jailbreak or setting and disk?
When it comes time to upgrade to 4.3.1, it'll wipe out your jailbreak so you'll need to restore iOS which'll wipe out everything on your atv2. Btw, it probably doesn't make sense to upgrade until there's an untethered jailbreak. One thing you can do is backup your XBMC settings by ftp'ing a copy of /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC to your computer then ftp'ing it back after the install/jb of iOS and reinstall of XBMC.
Steps going forward
- backup XBMC preference folder
- run Tiny Umbrella to save any SHSH blobs you can
- wait for untethered jb for 4.3.1, then restore your atv2 to 4.3.1
- jb your atv2 with a tool providing an untethered jb (EDIT: Seas0npass is now untethered on 4.3.1)
- prevent the atv2 from getting updates
- install XBMC, ftp XBMC preferences folder back to atv2 (EDIT: supposedly grabbing the userdata subdirectory is enough)
- search/read the forums before asking questions that've been answered