TV Shows issue
Hi, I can't seem to figure out the configuration of my TV Shows. I am using an SMB shared folder with Movies, and TV Shows in it, and movies show up well and work fine, but the TV Shows seem to be causing me problems. When I'm in Library mode, only a broken link a National Geographic folder shows up. But when I'm in files mode, all of the folders are listed in their respective formats and all. I've tried multiple skins, both supported and WIP, and still no luck. All I want is for my library to look somewhat like the view types in Movies and not as disjointed as this is. Thanks for your help guys.

Specs: ATV2, 4.1.1 Untethered JB, REFOCUS Skin, SMB Share
Do you have your files properly named? XBMC must recognise the files to build the library with correct information. See: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...onventions
I didn't realize my shows weren't in this order, "foo.s01e01.*", so I will do that immediately and see if that helps. However, I can't wrap my head around the REGEX settings. I understand that advancedsettings.xml doesn't exist and I have to creat it which I can probably manage, but what does all this mean "<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>"...

The parenthesis and brackets are confusing because I'm not sure what they're referring to. Also, in the event that I made the advancedsettings.xml file, do I have to activate an additional regex like this one http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614?

Thanks for your help!
If you rename your episodes to *S01E01*.avi you won't have to mess around with xml files. You can use the xml if you don't want to rename all of your files and prefer to introduce new rules for xbmc to detect them.
Does the folder and subfolder hierarchy still have to be in place for the above mentioned to work e.g. /tvshows/show name/season x/episodes/s01e01.xxx?
Both "tvshow/Season 1/*S01E01*.avi" and "tvshow/Season 1/Episode 1/*S01E01*.avi" work. But test it for yourself in a couple of episodes. Rename them and scan the library.
Thanks! That last suggestion seemed to work, and it is beginning to look fantastic. The only question I have now is how do I go about arranging TV shows that are more of documentaries than TV? Like National Geographic or History Channel? I read that you can spoof it as a "Season 1" folder with it's contents but that doesn't seem to work. What now?
if your media is on a windows machine i would highly recomend

http://www.tvrename.com/
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Thanks for the link but the media is on a Mac machine. I haven't had the time to setup a parallels workstation yet either.
Well, I don't know about that. But maybe you could search a little? There should be some info about that in the forum. You can also check thetvdb.com and try to find there those episodes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows issue0