apple tv black & white - no color
Hi ,
I have an apple tv 1generation ( a friend of mine gave it to me). It comes from the US with NTSC by default. I connect the apple tv to my old tv (sony trinitron 100Hz - 32' - Non HDTV) with a 3 RCA connector. White and red connected to the audio and yellow connected to the green plug of the appletv. So it works expect that the image is black & white.
Last night i installed xbmc through the usb creator and updated the launcher to 1.3.5 and xbmc to 10.1. Going through the forum I have seen that people with an Xbox has a script to swith from NTSC to Pal. Is there a similar script that can i run on my apple tv so that i can get colors back ?
I have found a hack around that requiresa "HDMI to DVI-I & DVI-I to VGA adapter" . Unfortunatly i don't have an HDMi to DVI-I adapter. I guess since we have access to the appletv there must be a way to change that by hand ?

thanks for any help or hint.
david
danova Wrote:Hi ,
I have an apple tv 1generation ( a friend of mine gave it to me). It comes from the US with NTSC by default. I connect the apple tv to my old tv (sony trinitron 100Hz - 32' - Non HDTV) with a 3 RCA connector. White and red connected to the audio and yellow connected to the green plug of the appletv. So it works expect that the image is black & white.
Last night i installed xbmc through the usb creator and updated the launcher to 1.3.5 and xbmc to 10.1. Going through the forum I have seen that people with an Xbox has a script to swith from NTSC to Pal. Is there a similar script that can i run on my apple tv so that i can get colors back ?
I have found a hack around that requiresa "HDMI to DVI-I & DVI-I to VGA adapter" . Unfortunatly i don't have an HDMi to DVI-I adapter. I guess since we have access to the appletv there must be a way to change that by hand ?

thanks for any help or hint.
david

look here for help with that -> http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Main_Page
Cool,
Thanks for the link. I have found in there a script to set to pal mode. Works perfectly.

Here is the exact post on how to fix it.
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Composite

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple tv black & white - no color0