MyScripts, python script GUI for XBMC

http://xtreme.000k3.com

hi again, myscripts is a gui interface for xbmc scripts to match the general layout from the other modules, (movies, music, programs etc). it is similar to scriptrunner but i believe the two can complement each other as this is not meant to download or update scripts.

i have some problems trying to use the two functions, getfocus() and getcontrol() so i hope someone can explain how to use them Smile

other than that, the script i believe is fully functional. the script is able to traverse sub directories and for files you wish to hide, add the name to hide.txt in myscripts\ more instructions on my site
kaer,
i just tried it out and overall it worked pretty well. i do have a few comments...

1) i could not get the cursor to get over to change the settings (left side menu).

2) it would be nice to be able to use the l/r triggers to scroll page by page instead of needing to click in the arrows.

3) instead of having a "hide" file (just too many to hide) how about having one or both of these:
show.txt
and
enable it to scan only one folder. this way we could place our used scripts in a specifc path (say q:\scripts\user\Wink that the myscripts would scan. eliminating any need to update txt files at all.

thanks for continuing to release great stuff!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
note that there is a myscripts screen already in xbmc :p

not sure what this one gives that the current one doesn't?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ feb. 05 2005,19:02 Wrote:note that there is a myscripts screen already in xbmc :p

not sure what this one gives that the current one doesn't?
maybe this is a big difference (maybe not) :
Quote:the script is able to traverse sub directories
i have to try it
maybe should both of these script manager comes together to make a complete one....
ah really? damn haha, i havent updated my cvs build for a long time.. still on one of the december builds.
kaer,
the build-in scripts screen is just a like a file manager display... no filtering, no assigning thumbs.

i like yours as long as we can focus it in a bit more to make it easy to add/remove scripts while keeping out the misc files/script we do not need to display.
Quote:1) i could not get the cursor to get over to change the settings (left side menu).

2) it would be nice to be able to use the l/r triggers to scroll page by page instead of needing to click in the arrows.

3) instead of having a "hide" file (just too many to hide) how about having one or both of these:
show.txt
and
enable it to scan only one folder. this way we could place our used scripts in a specifc path (say q:\scripts\user\Wink that the myscripts would scan. eliminating any need to update txt files at all.

alright, let me go through them 1 by 1 :p
1) the current left menu is for show heh Confusedaint:

2) i will add the left / right trigger next :p i wanted to implement a simple up/down button press to go down but i am not able to find a function that returns the current controlid, oh well..

3) will add a show.txt as well and allow you to choose what u want. i dun think scanning one folder is a good idea, as most scripts are now running based on fixed paths. so much editing would be done, probably stick to the show / hide implementation now.
cool...
true, it doesn't search recursively through the scripts folder.

it does, however, display thumbs just like all the other sections as long as you have the .tbn files there.

btw: the scripts section has been in xbmc for around a year or so - just that some skins don't reference it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

help i can't get it work i added a button to xboxmediacenter.xml with succes and put the myscripts folder in the scripts folder
but when i press myscripts button nothing happens
here's my path settings

Quote:main_dir = "e:\\apps\\xbmc\\scripts\\myscripts"
icon_dir = "e:\\apps\\xbmc\\scripts\\myscripts\\icons\\"
myscripts_dir = "e:\\apps\\xbmc\\scripts\\myscripts\\"

when i go in the scripts\\myscripts folder and press on my mysripts.py it says running for one second and still nothing happens

thanks in advance
oops, i don't have my xbox with me so i can't test, but i can vouched that its working fine :p

maybe you should set the directory as such

if emulating:
main_dir = "d:\\downloads\\xbmc\\scripts\\"
icon_dir = "d:\\downloads\\xbmc\\scripts\\myscripts\\icons\\"
myscripts_dir = "d:\\downloads\\xbmc\\scripts\\scripts\\myscripts\\"

else:
main_dir = "q:\\scripts\\"
icon_dir = "q:\\scripts\\myscripts\\icons\\"
myscripts_dir = "q:\\scripts\\myscripts\\"

you do not need to type the full e:\apps... , q:\ will do, it refers to the place where xbmc is installed.

note, only edit the else section.
home_dir=os.getcwd()[:-1]+'\\' #get the home directory where the script is
pics_dir=home_dir+'pics\\' # set %home%\pics\ as relative dir for pics as for example.

so in the previous example from kaer will become:
Quote:import os
home_dir = os.getcwd()[:-1]+"\\" #set the main directory where the script is
icon_dir = home_dir + "icons\\" #set the icon_dir as relative to home_dir
myscripts_dir = home_dir + "myscripts\\" #set the myscripts_dir as relative to home_dir

by doing this, every one will be able to install your script without thinking where it has to be installed...it will work anywhere
wow ok thanks!
i will update it asap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyScripts, python script GUI for XBMC0