Hotkey to change movie library view type?
I've looked up the keyboard shortcuts but can't seem to find one that can change/toggle the view types in movie library. Is this possible? (i.e. alt+w to change to Wall view)
Not possible. You'll have to do it via GUI.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It's not possible to do hotkey to a particular view, however you could use the SendClick action to toggle between views.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It's not possible to do hotkey to a particular view, however you could use the SendClick action to toggle between views.

Could you please give an explanation/example on how to use this action? I'm new to XBMC.

Thanks!
Can someone show me how to do "SendClick" action please?

Thanks.
3rd link on google for "sendclick xbmc":

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94925

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:3rd link on google for "sendclick xbmc":

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94925

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks. I tried
<j>SendClick(2)</j> because according to the wiki 2 is the ID for "viewtype". However it doesn't work. Nothing happens.

Did I use the wrong ID? Is it skin specific? (I'm using Aeon MQ 2)
Check your debug log to ensure:

1. You've modified the correct file.
2. You're actually getting those messages sent.

jmarshall Wrote:Check your debug log to ensure:

1. You've modified the correct file.
2. You're actually getting those messages sent.

Yes and yes.

The debug shows:

22:17:02 T:3184 M:3201118208 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 18, sym: 101, unicode: 101, modifier: 0
22:17:02 T:3184 M:3201114112 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61509 pressed, action is SendClick(2)

I tried other 2 keys with SendClick(14) (to toggle unwatched/all) and SendClick(8) (for the search box) and they both worked fine. Just not SendClick(2)

Thanks again for the help.
Tried with Confluence?

Wow it does work with Confluence. So this is a skin specific issue.

By any chance you can take a guess on why it doesn't work with Aeon MQ2 and where should I look for (if there's any other control ID etc)? I thought the built-in controls listed on the wiki is a global thing.
My guess is that it's using a spinner or list for the view modes (id 2 is what you're looking for) so instead of cycling on a button press (which Confluence uses) it instead has a spinner or select button for cycling. In this case, we query the control for the information, rather than just cycling (as you could have deliberately moved 3 viewmodes on without actually settling on the 2 intermediate ones). Given the control itself doesn't know about the fact that you're changing things, it reports that it still has the same setting.

The good news is there's a solution: try Container.NextViewMode.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:My guess is that it's using a spinner or list for the view modes (id 2 is what you're looking for) so instead of cycling on a button press (which Confluence uses) it instead has a spinner or select button for cycling. In this case, we query the control for the information, rather than just cycling (as you could have deliberately moved 3 viewmodes on without actually settling on the 2 intermediate ones). Given the control itself doesn't know about the fact that you're changing things, it reports that it still has the same setting.

The good news is there's a solution: try Container.NextViewMode.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Worked perfectly! Thank you so much for your time and support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotkey to change movie library view type?0