Stuttering 720p MKV playback
I will try that as well, this is just for testing purposes really to see if it is XBMC or the ATV2.
So I tested streaming through iTunes and the stutter is still there. This leads me to believe that the ATV2 just isn't up to playing the media I have or I have a defective unit.

I have one last test to perform which is to restore ATV2 to stock and see if the jailbreak has any part to play.

If this fails I am afraid that I will have to send the ATV2 back and look at another solution maybe NeoTV or Revo 3700.
This thread feels like I am talking to myself but my final test failed so its going back.

Thanks for all your help
no, you're not talking to yourself.

this has been a problem for a while, i believe. if you search the forum, you'll see quite a few threads dealing with this.
I've never gotten any file over 4GB to play correctly all the way through.
I only have a couple, so it's not that big a deal for me.

maybe most people are comfortable with avi and divx files.

i've tried SMB, XBMS Server, UPnP... they all have the same affect for me.

I'm assuming that the files play correctly from your Mac/ PC...?
I did have an instance where I actually couldn't even play the file on my MacBook.

I hope this can be resolved. would be nice to watch more movies in their native 720 / 1080p.

keep pluggin' away.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Sorry some are having trouble. Just about everything I watch nowadays are 720p or 1080p. So all are above 4GB. The 720p files plays flawlessly and are all mkv h.264. Hope that helps you guys narrow down your problem.
As I said its a problem with the ATV2 not XBMC, maybe I got a dodgy unit or something. It could be one of a million things tbh but I know the PS3 can stream with the exact same setup perfectly so my setup should be OK for ATV2.
So I replaced my ATV2 with a Revo 3700 and I was still getting the stutter so I was gutted.. I had a play around with the settings in XBMC and I enabled the "Sync playback to display" option and this resolved it.

I assume that this would have fixed it on my ATV2 but alas I returned it, however I am actually happier with the Revo.

If anyone else has this problem give it a go
I'm in the same boat as dazex, everything i throw at the ATV2 plays back flawlessly, the only exception is Full HD content, ie 1920x1080, not 1920x800.

I have a pretty big array of HD content that I've ripped from my own Bluray's, HDDVD's and my DSLR camera, unless the content is full HD and crazy high bitrates it just works.
I think this is more of an issue with my TV refresh rate.. I think I would have stuck with the ATV2 is this setting also fixed it..

I just thought it might help someone if it did...
try to take off the "Sync audio...."

forgot the exact name! but that worked for me.
LOL, as previously stated I don't have the ATV2 anymore but hopefully someone else will benefit from this
you got rid of it? I love it!!! I mean I LOVE IT!!! especially with XBMC
I did and I prefer the speed and flexibility of the Revo with full 1080p support..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering 720p MKV playback0