C-Media / Sinovoice USB for vista and windows 7
Star 
Hey,

A few years ago i bought a cheap USB sound card with optical output of sound that allowed passthrough of Dolby Digital and DTS signals to my reciever to decode.

Sinovoice USB with the text c-media

This worked quite well in my old xp computer.. although then it was easier to use my old xbox with xbmc.

Now i picked up and building a nice htpc with xbmc out of a SFF computer with Win7 x64, ATI HD5450 pci express card, although i wanted to have passthrough sound to my receiver directly - that meant trying the old USB.

Windows 7 did only recognize the analog output of the card and did not show any S/PDIF output in the device list, and passthrough did not work.

A couple of days of swearing and cursing over cheap crap and useless suppliers of them, i finally cracked the little usb thing open to see if there was any more hints on what drivers could be used.

Finally after i was about to give up i had drivers!
http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers...17037.html

This is it:

If anyone else has this old crap somewhere - it could be useful even in a modern setup with the drivers above. I simply installed the drivers for C-Media CM-108 and setting the output in XBMC to the digital output device made it passthrough digital audio.

Note that switching USB ports and moving around the USB sound card could cause a new device "Digital output -2" or something likewise - so it suits best in a static setup.

I hope it can help someone. =)

Otherwise just ignore me. Wink
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
C-Media / Sinovoice USB for vista and windows 70