New to XBMC/HTPC
Concelor Wrote:So pulled the trigger
Also added a 1.5TB drive and blue ray reader.
Now while I'm waiting for all the stuff to arrive, is there a good way to get introduced to xbmc.
Is there a good way to get my files (TV mostly) organized quickly
How bout AVCHD, do I have to convert those?
Is there a good remote that works with xbmc?

This is the way I have it...a folder named tv/folders with tv shows name/then I just dumped all the episodes in that folder, XBMC does the rest.
For remote I use this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
Got it set up in less than five minutes and when I press the Green button to launch Windows Media Center, I configured it to launch XBMC instead.
I was goofing around with XBMC just on my gaming rig, it's amazing that as long as either season number/episode number or title are on the file it will go out and get the plot and details, from my small tests looks like 905 accurate most of the time.
So from the screen shot you have win 7 and boot into xbmc or do you boot directly into xbmc? (My plan was Direct boot into XMBC with either win7 or OpenSeus for news reader and such)
For the remote can the 360 media remote be made to work with an HTPC?
Some Screen shots of my set up.....you can get real creative with XBMC as there is tons of plug-in's and extra features to really make the best media center experience for you.
Or was thinking something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6823126039
yeah thats pretty much how i do it too!
here's my TV SHOWS folder structure for XBMC....

--|TV Shows
------|X-Men - The Animated Series
-----------|Season 01
---------------|S01E01 - Night of the Sentinels, Part 1.avi
---------------|S01E02 - Night of the Sentinels, Part 2.avi
---------------|S01E03 - Enter Magneto.avi
-----------|Season 02
---------------|S02E01 - Till Death Do Us Part, Part 1.avi
---------------|S02E02 - Till Death Do Us Part, Part 2.avi
---------------|S02E03 - Whatever It Takes.avi
That dinovo is awesome, the Xbox remote can be used but you still need the Usb ir reciever, so your better off buying the remote because it comes with it already.....and later on the line you can buy a Harmony or One of the cheap Phillips universal remotes I ve used and you have that usb ir reciever already to use with those remotes. I don't boot into XBMC, I boot into Windows 7 and just launch XBMC when I wanna watch movies or tvshows. Zacate doesn't take long to boot, it uses the new uefi bios, I boot into my desktop like in 20 seconds or less without an SSD on a 5400rpm Hard Drive. I have bought this keyboard 3 times already for different builds in my family and they are really amazing.......http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
I was asking about the 360 cause I have one just collecting dust, same thing with a harmony, and PS3 remotes
I some how end up with the remotes and never use them
I'm liking that keyboard a little than divnio, which seems awesome but a little on the small size.
I have that same 360 remote too, you have a harmony? You can use that harmony too with those usb ir recievers, that way you just use one remote to power your tv, av, and launch xbmc. You can get this....http://www.hd-plex.com/remote.control.html
The Asrock has an internal cir header just for something like this(nice) and eliminates having the ir reciever outside your case, you don't need the remote, but for 12 bucks why not add another too your dust collecting ones 8 )
That sensor is tempting, but I was kicking around the idea of one of those micro blue tooth dongles. That way I can get a keyboard or mouse plus game controller But not sure how those bluetooth remotes are
Can XBMC re-tag files once it downloads in the information?
Concelor Wrote:Can XBMC re-tag files once it downloads in the information?

Yeah, it can...u can also retag yourself by highlighting movie, then going to movie information, you can refresh, download thumbs, fanart, logo's for tv shows, and my favorite right now is tv tunes....it plays your tv show's theme while scrolling through your episodes(nice). That internal ir is pretty sweet, mine is external and I have it just resting on top of my av, it's small, about the size of a matchbox. But of course I've already started a project with it and the Apex Mi-008. What Im doing is disconnection the hard drive led light(Bright Red) removing it, then mounting my external ir inside with the sensor facing outside where the hard drive activity led used to be.
I tried it, but once I closed XBMC, the file had the same info it had before going into XBMC
Sorry Concelor, I miss understood are you trying to re tag music? Re tagging music you would have to do it your self or a great program I like to use is media monkey, but here is a link to the xbmc wiki for re tagging.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Pre...your_Music
Did I say music?
I meant videos lol
I know of Media Monkey it's the only audio program I use :-)
Lol, maybe something like media center master or meta browser, you can even check in the plug-in's thread on this forum, maybe they have something there that can be useful too you, I don't really use anything like that in my setup. Sorry I can't really answer your question or give you a definitive answer, I just love how simple XBMC is....I just dump my videos in too folders, at lauch xbmc updates itselfs, and scrapes from tv.db for shows and the moviedb for movies, in case it doesn't pick it up I just add it manually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC/HTPC0