New to XBMC/HTPC
Concelor Wrote:That sensor is tempting, but I was kicking around the idea of one of those micro blue tooth dongles. That way I can get a keyboard or mouse plus game controller But not sure how those bluetooth remotes are

This keyboard is pretty popular in the htpc world too.....it comes with that blue tooth dongle also, and it is back lit.
http://www.amazon.com/ProMini-Wireless-B...730&sr=8-1
That's a nice keyboard
I ended up getting the IR receiver, I think I've got a nice idea to internalize it, I'll still probably pick up a keyboard mouse system of some kind, but now I'm not rushed into getting one though the one you showed seems better the devino
All the parts should be here friday except the power supply lol
Can you get stat power splitters at a microcenter?
Concelor Wrote:That's a nice keyboard
I ended up getting the IR receiver, I think I've got a nice idea to internalize it, I'll still probably pick up a keyboard mouse system of some kind, but now I'm not rushed into getting one though the one you showed seems better the devino
All the parts should be here friday except the power supply lol
Can you get stat power splitters at a microcenter?

Very nice on the IR concelor, it's alot of fun modding things yourself,as it makes your set up different than other's who may have the same setup as you. Man, the waiting part is the sucky part, i track my order like every 5 minutes LOL, no better feeling than when you hear that loud honk by your drive way (UPS). Hope you get everything soon......happy building.
http://www.microcenter.com/search/search...submit.y=0
Btw about your movie files question....it's been haunting me, when you were viewing you files, did you have library mode enable or just files mode.
I've turned library mode on and off
What I was hoping XBMC did is when it snags info off a website it can physically rename the files so all episodes, movies, you name it have a standard naming style
for example:
Right now I have american dad
some are label american.dad.sxx.xx...
some are label sxxxexx...
the ones i label are Sxx x Exx - Episode name
I have over 2000 episodes of various shows and didn't want to rename them all myself before adding them to my HTPC lol
Concelor Wrote:I've turned library mode on and off
What I was hoping XBMC did is when it snags info off a website it can physically rename the files so all episodes, movies, you name it have a standard naming style
for example:
Right now I have american dad
some are label american.dad.sxx.xx...
some are label sxxxexx...
the ones i label are Sxx x Exx - Episode name
I have over 2000 episodes of various shows and didn't want to rename them all myself before adding them to my HTPC lol

Aha...now I fully understand your question and your pain(lol) 2000 episodes nice! I don't think it does that, cause I always have to rename my files too. I just recently discovered media center master, it uses it own scrapers and retags everything as soon as it is added to the folder it is watching. Alot of guys like us said this combo is great, I haven't really taken a hard look at it but it is something Im curious about and would want to learn more about. Here is a link to kill time till friday. http://www.mediacentermaster.com/
If you wanna start prepping a usb with the latest drivers and latest bios from Asrock just in case too have in handy, to speed up your build process.
Catalyst 11.3 came out, but most importantly the early preview of Catalyst 11.4 which I am using just got updated again last night.....haven't had a chance to try Im out yet. Going from 11.2 drivers that came with my mobo, to 11.4 really improved the overall performance of Zacate, so Im very optimistic about this new update last night.....here it is.
http://twitter.com/catalystcreator
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pag...eview.aspx
That media program is not user friendly at all
So most of the parts arrived, except the IR sensor and power supply
Can I use a 650 W PSU as a temp PSU just to get it all set up?
Been devouring everything I could about the board, it can be overclocked but is it with it for xbmc?
So got all the parts except the micro PSU
Couple of questions ca/should the E350M1 board be overclocked?
It seems to be taking a long time to boot into windows (40 seconds)
The HD-Plex IR sensor isn't working has anyone on the board ever used it before?
Concelor Wrote:So got all the parts except the micro PSU
Couple of questions ca/should the E350M1 board be overclocked?
It seems to be taking a long time to boot into windows (40 seconds)
The HD-Plex IR sensor isn't working has anyone on the board ever used it before?

No you shouldn't need to overclock, what takes a long time to boot can be many different programs trying to start up at same time....what I always do is stop them from starting under msconfig./startup, many of them are useless and don't need them to start up your pc, that will save some time at boot up. Also in the bios under storage config, make sure your running your hard drive as AHCI Sata type not IDE. As for the Ir reciever....did you install the cir drivers from asrock, u need them in order to use this device and make sure u enable the cir header in the bios too, I believe it's disabled by default.
I changed it from IDE to Sata type, after doing that I had to reinstall windows
Then I realized I installed the 64 bit version which causes problems with the IR sensor
So I'll have to reinstall windows again, which stinks cause 32 bit does not like 4 gigs of ram lol
But it took 2 hours to install windows last night compared to when the 20 minutes when it was IDE type, is that normal?

Positive note: THE IR sensor is not receiving signal although not customized yet (ie mute button brings shutdown menu, nothing else works lol)
2hours to install windows!!
something wrongs going on,,,,

mine installed in minutes using AHCI sata type,.,,
I was using an external DVD drive, but still 2hours seem wrong to me
Concelor Wrote:I was using an external DVD drive, but still 2hours seem wrong to me

Wow, that is crazy......what read speed is the Dvd drive, a better method is installing windows with a usb stick, way faster. Install windows in 15 minutes. When I'm outta work, I'll check back see if I can help you concelor.
yepp, install using usb stick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC/HTPC0