• 24(current)
[RELEASE] VODie - Video On Demand Ireland - RTE, TV3 and TG4
Thanks for the tip VanZan. Just installed from Fusion and its working great
I keep getting script errors thrown up, did you install from fresh or did u copy over files to an old version ?
I can get RTE and TV3 catchup section but no Aertv just black screen
You guys not in Ireland wanting to use AerTV: you might try a SmartDNS service called UnoTelly. When I was with them last year there I got them to add an option to fool AerTV into thinking you were in Ireland. I ended my subscription for other reasons but maybe it's worth a try? There's a free trial for new customers.
cheers vanzan - i'll give it a look
Thanks VanZan, just being nosey, but why did you your sub with them ?
I have a few different addons and switched to renting a uk proxy rather than using a UK DNS. Also my internet connection kept dropping when I was with UnoTelly. I don't know if UnoTelly was the problem though as I was messing with a good few different things at the time. Another person from Ireland with Eircom said he was using UnoTelly with no problem though. I'd say sign up for the free trial and see how it goes. It's quite easy to change back if you're not happy. I've seen a little program called "DNS Jumper" which I think might simply things although I've never used it.
Will give them a bash, have you made your own proxy from renting a server or using a diff company ? Also by using UK proxy wouldn't that restrict Irish channel viewing then ?
I put a free google program on my phone DNS Changer and works great can watch UK Channels, but can't get pivos or Openelec on Raspberry Pi to change DNS
openelec is easy enough, just use the os settings tab in system, go to the network tab, select static IP and change DNS from there, reboot and voila
(2013-01-16, 00:59)privado Wrote: Will give them a bash, have you made your own proxy from renting a server or using a diff company ? Also by using UK proxy wouldn't that restrict Irish channel viewing then ?

Proxy from:

http://www.myprivateproxy.net

Had to specifically ask for a UK proxy and it's €2 a month. Doesn't interfere with VODie as addons such as iPlayer and ITV Player have their own settings section for proxies. Problem with a proxy rather than a dns is that I can't watch the live streams. Best thing about UnoTelly was that it had TVCatchup working with it which is rare I think.

I can't get Openelec dns to work at all, can you give an example how I would set up please@privado Thanks @ VanZan for the info
Did this addon die a death again before it was even resurrected ??
Found Mossys repo from Navi-X which ATM has live and on demand RTE and ondemand only for TV3. Working very well
For reference the link is at:
http://code.google.com/p/mossy-xbmc-repo/downloads/list
RTE on demand and live are working for me on Eden, but not TV3 - gives error when trying to start stream.
I can't seem to install on RPi running OpenElec 2.99.1 - gets stuck on download. However that may be my USB key as my RPi is very tempremental when it comes to the USB keys I have...
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] VODie - Video On Demand Ireland - RTE, TV3 and TG41