"Waiting for network time" / netflix gone ATV2
so I've had my atv2 up and running with XBMC for awhile now with no issues and for some reason today it started to act weird.

Netflix is missing from the atv2 menu, and i just get this message saying "Waiting for network time"... i can connect to see youtube because it says it can't find the network

its connected to the internet because i can ssh into it (both through the ethernet and wifi) but besides killall AppleTV, i have no clue what else i can do to fix it

XBMC works, but it stalls out when i try to go back to the atv2 menu

any ideas?
reggiesfriend Wrote:so I've had my atv2 up and running with XBMC for awhile now with no issues and for some reason today it started to act weird.

Netflix is missing from the atv2 menu, and i just get this message saying "Waiting for network time"... i can connect to see youtube because it says it can't find the network

its connected to the internet because i can ssh into it (both through the ethernet and wifi) but besides killall AppleTV, i have no clue what else i can do to fix it

XBMC works, but it stalls out when i try to go back to the atv2 menu
any ideas?

Netflix missing is pretty weird. I'd probably restore to 4.2.1 and jailbreak again via pwnagetool, install nitoTV and updatebegone then XBMC. To make sure everything is current run "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" and go from there.
jd2157, just a little off topic here... dist-upgrade should only be used when you know what packages are being held back and you are sure you want to upgrade them, packages are held back when they alter system behavior, you can do some damage by blindly doing dist-upgrade if you aren't careful.
bircoe Wrote:jd2157, just a little off topic here... dist-upgrade should only be used when you know what packages are being held back and you are sure you want to upgrade them, packages are held back when they alter system behavior, you can do some damage by blindly doing dist-upgrade if you aren't careful.

Yup, I understand what dist-upgrade does. Personally I haven't seen a case on the atv2 where dist-upgrade has done any damage, YMMV. Did you have a specific issue in mind or are you just taking the opportunity to educate the masses?

In any case, if it causes issues I'd just restore 4.2.1 and start over. It's ~20 mins to get back to a known good state and the best way to learn about stuff is to break it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Waiting for network time" / netflix gone ATV20