How to make the worlds greatest living room?
Disregarding the side show, aka RFID tags, IMO start with something like this.

Make it look at least as good as that. Improve it! Ideas will then flow...

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hudo Wrote:Disregarding the side show, aka RFID tags, IMO start with something like this.

Make it look at least as good as that. Improve it! Ideas will then flow...

h.udo

Pretty ambitious! That room is the gold standard around here Big Grin
Juanflaco Wrote:Like this? Smile

O...M...G... Somebody needs to give me a lot of money and time. I have a new weekend project.
natethomas Wrote:O...M...G... Somebody needs to give me a lot of money and time. I have a new weekend project.

Ok I totally want that Starbase HT listed on the side with the batcave video Shocked
TonyNoone Wrote:Two words...Home Automation. From my couch (via wireless touch screen), I can control any lighting in the home, turn on/off the fireplace, adjust any aspect of my theater rig (including XBMC), manage the HVAC system, arm/disarm the security system, view my surveillance cameras, open/close the overhead garage door, view graphs of temperatures inside and outside the home as far back as thirty days, check the weather forecast, view live radar of weather conditions, irrigate the lawn, use RFID to see who's home or if the trash can is out for trash day and more.

Want a "techy" home, then a robust automation system is a must! Much more than I've done (so far) is possible. Go nuts!
need to see a website detailing all of this at your house. Even Bill gates doesn't have RFID on his trash cans!
Cfishy Wrote:need to see a website detailing all of this at your house. Even Bill gates doesn't have RFID on his trash cans!

Yes. More info required
I could ramble on for hours as I am obsessed with automation but, I'm on the tablet. I use a software product to run all the various hardware. The software can be found at http://www.charmedquark.com. I have a barebones site up at http://www.rethinkconnection.com and there are a few blog posts there, as well. I also shot a lousy video tour of my touch screen interface a week or two ago. I will try to load it up on youtube in the next day or so.
Juanflaco Wrote:Like this? Smile

WTFHuh i was joking. That is just weird.

Wonder what kind of movies he watches that it has to be in a secret room? Maybe that explains the towel rail on the side! Laugh
Beer fridge

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make the worlds greatest living room?0