• 2(current)
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device
ralob Wrote:I would make it default, then allow the user to turn it off in the options. The last thing someone wants is to shutdown their htpc when they meant to turn on XBMC.

For now, I only use the program to launch XBMC, so I won't need a confirmation. But when I add the shutdown launcher, having it ask me would be nice to prevent any mishaps.

Ok great, the code is ready and I will test it a bit before releasing a new version in a day or two.

Now that more options are added I really should start at reworking the settings page... Smile
e2zippo Wrote:This is great, been looking for a way to start xbmc from my phone!

Great job!

Thanks alot! Let me know if you find bugs or have any suggestions!
Does a similar software for ios devices exist?
owtroid Wrote:Ok great, the code is ready and I will test it a bit before releasing a new version in a day or two.

Now that more options are added I really should start at reworking the settings page... Smile

Hi! New version is now available.

This version (0.2.3) adds a confirmation dialog to prevent accidental clicks and an option to enable/disable the confirmation dialog.

Links to the new website (http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com) are also updated.
milchkuh Wrote:Does a similar software for ios devices exist?

Hi!

There is unfortunately no version of Remote Launcher available for iOS (although the server part should work on OS X). I've been thinking about writing a version for iOS too but I don't own a mac and it seems a bit cumbersome to develop iOS apps on Linux.
Tried new version on my HTC Incredible, and it works excellently. One suggestion I have is to have the app automatically reconnect once the option to have a confirmation dialogue is altered. The changes do not occur until you disconnect then reconnect to the server.
I run XBMC in an X session, so I get this error about the systray:
Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
        at java.awt.SystemTray.getSystemTray(SystemTray.java:171)
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame.createTrayIcon(ServerFrame.java:2
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame.<init>(ServerFrame.java:69)
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame$18.run(ServerFrame.java:517)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:226)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:647)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:96)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:608)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:606)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessCo
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:617)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
So can this be ran without the Systray as many of us XBMC users don't have one?
DDM123 Wrote:I run XBMC in an X session, so I get this error about the systray:
Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
        at java.awt.SystemTray.getSystemTray(SystemTray.java:171)
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame.createTrayIcon(ServerFrame.java:2
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame.<init>(ServerFrame.java:69)
        at remotelauncherserver.ui.ServerFrame$18.run(ServerFrame.java:517)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:226)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:647)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:96)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:608)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:606)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessCo
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:617)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
So can this be ran without the Systray as many of us XBMC users don't have one?

Oh, sorry about that... I'll try to fix that tomorrow, right now I think I'll have to hit the sack Smile

Would you be willing to try out a test build to see if it works before I release a new version?
ralob Wrote:Tried new version on my HTC Incredible, and it works excellently. One suggestion I have is to have the app automatically reconnect once the option to have a confirmation dialogue is altered. The changes do not occur until you disconnect then reconnect to the server.

You don't have to disconnect/connect, just hit connect again after changing the setting. Yeah, not ideal, I think I should remake the settings altogether...
owtroid Wrote:Oh, sorry about that... I'll try to fix that tomorrow, right now I think I'll have to hit the sack Smile

Would you be willing to try out a test build to see if it works before I release a new version?

Bah, who needs sleep anyway? Smile

Here is a test build:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/remotela...z/download

If you have the time, please test and see if it works better!
how would we set this up to close xbmc?
Only One Haze Wrote:how would we set this up to close xbmc?

Hi!

I usually just use the xbmc remote to close xbmc, but it is certainly possible with Remote Launcher as well (might be good if the screen is off or something similar).

In Linux, such a launcher would look something like this:
Exit Xbmc
Exit Xbmc media center
/usr/bin/killall xbmc.bin

In Windows I think something like this:
Exit Xbmc
Exit Xbmc media center
tskill "xbmc"

I haven't actually tested that in Windows since xbmc won't start in my virtual machine so you may have to tweak that command (it works with notepad though Smile ). There are also variants you can use, such as "taskkill /IM xbmc.exe".
owtroid Wrote:Hi!

I usually just use the xbmc remote to close xbmc, but it is certainly possible with Remote Launcher as well (might be good if the screen is off or something similar).

In Linux, such a launcher would look something like this:
Exit Xbmc
Exit Xbmc media center
/usr/bin/killall xbmc.bin

In Windows I think something like this:
Exit Xbmc
Exit Xbmc media center
tskill "xbmc"

I haven't actually tested that in Windows since xbmc won't start in my virtual machine so you may have to tweak that command (it works with notepad though Smile ). There are also variants you can use, such as "taskkill /IM xbmc.exe".

Well I feel dumb, totally forgot about shutting down XBMC with the remote app that will already be open. DUH! thanks for the help
Only One Haze Wrote:Well I feel dumb, totally forgot about shutting down XBMC with the remote app that will already be open. DUH! thanks for the help

No problem Smile
I am really enjoying this combined with the official XBMC Remote App for Android. I really wish you guys would get together and build support for Remote Launcher integrated into the Remote app. That would make one awesome app.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device1