Web Server Side Scripting
G'Day Guys,

I am trying to hack together a simple streaming server using our XBMC machine as a server. My goal is to use a web page to browse our library from my iPad and then select a video to stream. The server will then convert and segment the file appropriately to be viewable using Safari.

The web interface is possible.
The conversion, segmenting and streaming is possible using the in-built XBMC web server.

The only step I am missing is to be able to run a server side script to launch the conversion and segmentation. I initially thought I could write a spyce (python) script that could be executed using the XBMC web server. I now think that this won't work. This script will be executed via a http request to the XBMC server from the web interface.

I am hoping that a friendly XBMC developer/enthusiast might be able to help out and point my in the right direction for a technique that might work.

I am currently using XBMC 10.1 (Dharma).

Thanks a million peps for all your hard work.
Our webserver does not support serverside scripting. We went in this direction as we wanted a lightweight server which works on any hardware.

That being said it has been discussed and wanted to have a transcoding feature accessible for webinterfaces (this is what html5 only really would need to realize what you want), any patches towards this is most welcomed.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Server Side Scripting0