Just installed... continuous keypress registering??
Question 
So today I thought I'd stick XBMC on my iMac to get the kids out of the living room Smile

I'm running 10.6.7 and just downloaded the latest stable, 10.1, from the standard download link... I'd give you more version info only my problem doesn't allow me to!

I just dragged XBMC into Applications, started it up and it's continuously thinking I'm pressing an up key Shocked. Racing through the menus, round and round in circles. I can just about exit using the mouse but that's it.

Searched for things like "continuous keypresses" but can't see anything obvious. Any ideas? Is there a way to delete whatever keymap may be set up? I'm not using any remotes, just standard keyboard & mouse...

After years of using XBMC on the Apple TV this has left me confused, any help would be appreciated! Smile
humm, I've see that long, long ago and now can't remember what it was.
LOL Ok Scott, ummm thanks Smile Big Grin

Any pointers where I could look? Doesn't seem to be much of interest in the xbmc.log file... Any preferences I can delete to reset the application state?

:confused2:
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC, and they are gone.
Darn it, that's the folder I'd already deleted in my attempts to correct the issue.

Hmmmmm there must be another rational explanation.... Sad
Ahhhhh!! Problem Solved!

Don't use the 'Stable' Build cos it ain't stable! LOL Big Grin

I grabbed the nightly build (20110327) and instantly the problem is solved.

Interesting, whatever was causing it has been fixed. Seems strange to have to use the 'unstable' to get stability but hey at least it's working now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just installed... continuous keypress registering??0