new to XBMC
Sad 
so i followed all the instructions and even searched the forums and wiki but i can't seem to find why XBMC jumbles all my tv shows into 1 show title( a show i don't even own). It TAgged everything "outtakes" then season 1 and so on. i've tried everything i can think of but nothing works to fix this issue.

i'm currently running a new mac mini with externals directly attached. i want to set everything up on the main system before i branch everything out to my other systems.
Sounds like a file/folder naming issue or folder structure issue. How do you have the folders/files named and organized?
You'll need to supply some info on the file structure and naming conventions of your media files
set-up is

Volumes/OMEGA/TV/Ashes to Ashes/Ashes To Ashes S01/ashes.to.ashes.s01e01.ws.dvdrip.xvid-river.avi

this is layout of an actual file, yet XBMC sees Volumes/OMEGA/TV/Outtakes/season 1/So1e01

and it jumbles all my season 1 files for every show into 1 folder. doesnt matter what the show is. Imagine opening the tv extension on XBMC and seeing outtakes/season 1/ episode 1(40 times), epiosode 2(40 times) and so on for each episode and season.
Try renaming 'Ashes to Ashes s01' folder to just 'Season1' or remove it altogether. Also, is your tv source set to the tv folder?
-stoli-
tried that Stoli same thing it just jumbles all my season 1 episode 1 files together into one show no matter the folder name. really depressing. as i rather prefer the XBMC fluidity over other programs i have tried
Check this to see if your folder setup is compatible:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...eo_Library)

And then here for setting up the sources and scanning:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ia_Sources
-stoli-
So for your example, Ashes to Ashes... what if you set content on that specific folder and specify that it contains a single show, and then try scanning?
kyu2130 Wrote:tried that Stoli same thing it just jumbles all my season 1 episode 1 files together into one show no matter the folder name. really depressing. as i rather prefer the XBMC fluidity over other programs i have tried

Hang in there. From a guy who owned the original Avel LinkPlayer, XBMC rocks. Sometimes you just have to make sure you place things where it's looking for them. Have you tried manually telling it what the files mean instead of just letting it figure it out for itself? I know mine always thinks ghostbusters 2 is some old italian movie until I make it do a manual lookup.

If you arrange your TV shows directory the way they recommend, it will be pretty cool. I've got unique art for 5 different seasons of a show. You just need to end up with a structure that looks like ....Drive/TV/Show Title/Season Number/Episodes from season 1.

or in your case

Volumes/OMEGA/TV/Ashes to Ashes/Season 1/S01e01

Hopfully you're running the 10.1 release not the SVN. It has a bad habbit of automatically turning on library mode and mashing things a bit.

keep in mind, the title that you posted had an o not a zero in the season number for the file, and that may be giving it heartburn (So1 vs. S01), but in my experience it's fairly flexible.
This might help a little:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...onventions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new to XBMC0