why some skins see shows as videos others as movies
I am trying to figure out how to make the skins in XBMC see my movies as movies rather then as videos. The interfaces on movies look better plus i end up with some on the movies and some on video and not all on one or the other.

thanks
Which skin in particular?
ilovemymac Wrote:I am trying to figure out how to make the skins in XBMC see my movies as movies rather then as videos. The interfaces on movies look better plus i end up with some on the movies and some on video and not all on one or the other.

thanks

You need to make sure you movies are scanned into the library. Check out the quick start guide and see if that helps: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...he_Library
-stoli-
ilovemymac,

Sounds like you don't understand the library mode and scraping completely, which are what "Movies" and "TV Shows" mode are. Both are library views of Video with the pretty fanart, graphics, information scraped from services such as IMDB, TVDB, etc.
dazex Wrote:ilovemymac,

Sounds like you don't understand the library mode and scraping completely, which are what "Movies" and "TV Shows" mode are. Both are library views of Video with the pretty fanart, graphics, information scraped from services such as IMDB, TVDB, etc.

I do understand it but not all th movies are showing up. That's the issue I have some movies n my time capsule and some on my hard drive movie folder on the commputer. It only sees the ones on the time capsule and not even all of them.
I have the scraper turned on and library mode as well. But like I said only some show up. Bt when I go to files rather then movies and I click on the folder all show up but not in library mode.
Be sure to review the wiki link above and check your folder and file naming schemes. If some movies are being picked up and not others within the same source, it is likely your file/folder names.
-stoli-
Got it working
Care to share your solution so the next person that comes across this thread can benefit from it?
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why some skins see shows as videos others as movies0