Request Addition of TV Season.nfo
Apologies if this has already been discussed; I searched and didn't find anything, but it would be great to see the addition of a season.nfo which would allow season-specific plot summaries, i.e. The Wire, Season 4: "The fourth season expanded its scope again to include an examination of the school system. Other major plots include the mayoral race that continues the political storyline begun in season three, and a closer look at Marlo Stanfield's drug gang, which has grown to control most of western Baltimore's trafficking."

I realize the data isn't populated at thetvdb.com (not sure about other sources) so it would need to be populated manually unless/until it could be added to scraper sources, but the data is readily available (at least for manual retrieval) and would be a wonderful addition to the TV season level.
Let me add a +1 for this

Not only a season plot is missing. I also miss an option to rename seasons (e.g. season.nfo "<title>Season 1 - The beginning</title>").

A <thumb> tag overwriting the tvshow.nfo information would be nice.

Cheers,
Chaly
+1
Seems like a reasonable request given the expanded and standardized support for season items in Frodo. I'll add my support for this.
In my case, there are several shows like Sports that do not fit into the standard tv structure, but also aren't movies.

Say I have a collection of every years superbowl. I'd like to have a season.nfo so I can rename the seasons to the appropriate year.

Or a collection of wrestling videos, UFC fights, etc... all make more sense listed by year, not season01, season02, etc.... which doesn't really fit at all.
(2013-01-25, 06:14)exoscoriae Wrote: In my case, there are several shows like Sports that do not fit into the standard tv structure, but also aren't movies.

Say I have a collection of every years superbowl. I'd like to have a season.nfo so I can rename the seasons to the appropriate year.

Or a collection of wrestling videos, UFC fights, etc... all make more sense listed by year, not season01, season02, etc.... which doesn't really fit at all.

Just use the year for the season number.

As such:

Back on topic, interesting idea. something that can't be scraped from thetvdb but would have to be manually created.
Thanks. I can do that for now, however I think it would look a lot nicer as just the year, and not having the word "season" preceding every entry.

So it would still be nice to have some control over what each season is called, especially for some custom folder configurations.
+1 here.

I could go into why this is really needed, but I'd just end up ranting about a certain site, so I'll just end it here and say yes, I really want this feature.

1. The request for a distinct season.nfo seems reasonable.

2. Sports should in the long run be redefined as a distinct video type: neither the movie nor the tvshow paradigm fits them (the same is true for documentaries, news, anime, and opera, ballet and theater performances, and I may be missing some).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request Addition of TV Season.nfo0