[ALL] Use mediaflags to assist episode scraping
when i rip things to xbmc i tend to use a certain filename standard.
my bluray or dvd rips all have Bluray or dvdrip in the filename, and my tv rips all have HDTV in the filename, and my tv shows downloaded from itunes etc all have WEB-DL in their filenames.
from what i've heard this is also a scene standard.

i'd quite like these to show in xbmc as mediaflags, but i was also thinking that these could assist the TVDB scraper (and other tv show scrapers). rather than the user having to divide up his folders of episodes into those numbered by 'aired ordered' or 'dvd order'.

xbmc could first check whether the episodes are from an web/hdtv source (and hence needs to be scraped as being in 'aired order') or if its from a bluray/dvdrip source, therefore needing to be scraped in 'dvd order'

just running a regular expression on the filename searching for bluray,dvd,web,hdtv,pdtv would be the only (and luckily quite a simple) way that xbmc could get the source.

i don't expect this to be implemented, but i thought it was a clever idea, so i've posted it in case someone does want to make a patch for this.

I would really like this as well. A lot of us have a quite large library and a mixture of aired episodes and ripped episodes. This would really solve a lot of hassle Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALL] Use mediaflags to assist episode scraping0