Aeon MQ2 - Add New Catagories in Main Menu
I´m fairly new to Xbmc and Aeon.
First of all, I´d like to sa y thank you to developers for their hard work and an amazing result.

My problem is, I can´t figure out how to add new catagories to the main menu.
I´d like to add one for my moutain bike movies and another just for comedy videos. This is apart from the main "Movies" catagory.

It seems like a basic thing to do but as far as I can make out its impossible to do. The "New" catagory in menu editing is severley limited and useless to me.

I´d appreciate any help offered.
I'm interested to know how to do this as well, so I can split out normal films from my kids films (Disney, etc).
You have to create a smartplaylist with a fitting condition for your movies...
in this case, I would suggest to set all mtb movies to the genre sport...
then you go in settings->main menu-> add new item and add your video playlist...
in the mq2 forum is a little how to---> How To add menu items

cheers,
mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Perfect, thanks mad_max
Thanks, that worked pefectly for me too. I now have both MTB and Comedy categories on the main menu each with a custom background image and all the relevant videos.

Is there any way I can change the view in these new categories from basic text list view to showcase view like in the main Movies category?
Yes you can...just open the panel on the left hand side and choose (de)acitvate views...then select your view, activate it and choose it as current view...

cheers,
mm
Is there a way to make a main menu of certain video add-ons? Trying to group them out some and assign them like on a playlist, but playlists don't seem to be able to select video add-ons
You can add them to your favorites and add favorites to main menu
How do you add something to your favourites?

Thanks
I found out how to add to favourites. In my case I wanted to add a Video Add-on to my favourites, just like Invincer.

I enabled Video main menu item. Video>Video Addons>Right click the add on>Select 'Add To Favourites@
delete

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ2 - Add New Catagories in Main Menu0