Shared folder issue that must be solved
Hello,

Sorry if I posted in a wrong place because I could not find where else to do so.

I am not sure if this issue came later when Windows 7 was updated, because I cant remember having this problem until later.

This is the core of the problem

* I put my computer to sleep
* When I wake up my computer, the Wlan must probably do a search. Short after, it connects.
* Windows 7 shows the shared network folders with a red X. Once I click on them I access them and the X dissapears. But as long there is an X, XBMC cant access the folders.

So the request is to make XBMC somehow force to check if its really unavailable or not.
I think I also tried to access SMB share, instead of going to X: through windows but with the same problem.
we don't have to do anything ;P
Hi! Smile

do you mean it is windows-related?
lol no, it was a comment on the thread title. that being said, it sounds like a windows issue to me.
I sure could be. But then I am sure more than I are using Win7, Wireless LAN and sleep-mode to their computers.
The workaround is that I open Computer, doubleclick on the shared folder to release the red X.
Then it works.

As long there is a workaround, there should be a solution to be made to XBMC so that XBMC can help itself out.
I thought I should share my 2 cents here. If it can be solved, great, otherwise life goes on no matter what.
Easy solution is that you just don't use a mapped network share. Just use the UNC path. For example, instead of mapping \\media-server\dru6 (or whatever your share path is) to X: and selecting that when adding a source, select "Windows network (SMB)" and go to the path.
Thank you Xeonic, that might do it.
Will try it out later today.

Hope this solves it, because its messy to have to minimize, go double-click and then go back to XBMC just to make it work.
Especially since our setup works with a remote controller and is made to mainly work without keyboard.

I'll let you know how it all went out.
its a known windows 7 issue. Access your shares another way.

Next time you have a problem, refrain from telling the devs they "have to solve" your minor issue that has nothing to do with their program. Its quite arrogant considering you didn't pay a dime for xbmc. How about "thanks for this great program and all your hard work..."
Well Vinistois, I am sorry that you feel the way you do.
What I saw was a critical issue and I felt that the developers would want to know about it. If it would appear to be a minor or not even XBMC related, that I didnt know. If I knew, I wouldnt have posted here.
So at the end of the day, its me asking you showing some understanding and tolerance because not everyone here asking questions is a pro.

But thanx to everyone else who inspired and helped out - keep up that good spirit
its just the attitude man! "must be solved" insinuates that the developers somehow owe you something. In fact it is just the opposite, it is the community that owes the developers in thanks, feedback, and positive support.

I'm just sick of people treating xbmc like its a product that they've purchased that somehow isn't meeting their expectations.

hence spiff's reply - "We don't have to do anything"

If we keep treating developers this way, why would they continue developing? Their efforts can easily be diverted to other projects with more thankful, respectful communities - or better yet, ones that pay their bills!

Next Time
This article might help
http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/...windows-7/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared folder issue that must be solved0