Can XBMC recognize custom Win 7 display modes?
Question 
My TV supports 24p playback but it has a buggy EDID so I had to create my own custom 24hz mode in the NVidia Control Panel (Windows 7 SP1). I calculated the values from a 24hz Xorg modeline that I knew that works.

In the NVidia Control Panel, my 1920x1080@24 mode is separate from the standard 1920x1080 mode from which I can select 50/60 hz refresh rate. The 24 hz one didn't merge with that, instead it's a separate entry called "1920x1080, 24hz, customized" (roughly translated from Swedish) that I can only select 24 hz from.

Is it possible to make XBMC use my custom mode for 24p but the builtin 1920x1080 mode for 50p and 60p?

Update: I also added "custom" 50 and 60 hz modes so now I have a single entry called "1920x1080, progressive" and under it I can select 24, 50 or 60 hz. The resolutions are grouped together in three sections. One called "custom" and it has one entry which is my "1920x1080, progressive". The next section is called "HD/SD" and has lots of modes, both progressive and interlaced. This sections is what XBMC seem to use. Last there is a section called "PC" that also has lots of mode, most of them 4:3 so it's probably for CRTs.

I also tried upgrading the firmware on my TV (it felt kind of hardcore) but the upgrade didn't fix their stupid broken EDID. My TV is a Sharp LC-42X20E.

In Linux I have to use Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes". Is there a similar trick in Windows?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC recognize custom Win 7 display modes?0