Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FileBot TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Okay, but is there anyway to download artwork for only specific TV show ?
It seems overkill to hammer sites for all missing artwork all the time when only single TV show is added.

ie. run command like this:

For example:

Code:
filebot -script fn:artwork.tvdb /path/to/tvshows/Jerry Springer/

The way scripts are set up is that whenever new folder is created in root folder, script tries to download artwork. Since many TV shows do not have artwork on theTVDB ( or are not listed on theTVDB at all ) if Filebot is set up the way mentioned in the manual, Filebot will keep hammering sites each time new show is added ( for all TV shows that are missing artwork ).
Most people hopefully use the amc script which processes things only once per finished download anyway, that kinda incremental update behaviour. The artwork.* scripts are for exactly the case where one wants to grab all artwork for given folders.
Okay, thanks.

So I've changed the script to process folders ONLY created in last 24 hours.
But i'm still running into problems with the script

I run the script using these parameter:

/Downloads/FileBot36.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub -script fn:artwork.tvdb -non-strict /Volumes/Volume3TB/RecordedTV/ConvertedTV/

But in the logs it seems Filebot is not using full folder names:

6/16/13 12:44:37 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.noodlesoft.HazelHelper[260] /Volumes/Volume3TB/RecordedTV/ConvertedTV/F1 Grand Prix Qualifying/2012 => Search by Grand

or

6/16/13 12:44:47 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.noodlesoft.HazelHelper[260] /Volumes/Volume3TB/RecordedTV/ConvertedTV/UEFA Champions League Final/2013 => Search by Champions

Former does not yield any results (expected since there is nothing on theTVDB) but later example gets artwork for completely different thing.
Is there anyway to make Filebot use FULL folder name ? ( I tried removing non-strict part but made no difference ( other than GUI pop up ) )
"F1 Grand Prix Qualifying" and "UEFA Champions League Final" are not in the TVDB so it doesn't work either way. It doesn't get recognized properly because it's not in the DB in the first place. If you modify the script to force it to query by folder it'll simply fail.
FileBot 3.61 is out! Get it here!

This update brings lots of little tweaks for movie and episode detection and fixes various issues that have come up since the last release.

Changes:
* Many little tweaks for movie/series/episode matching and detection
* Improved filename validation as trailing spaces or dots cause issues on Windows
* Some tweaks for -non-strict behaviour
* Removed Sublight and Subscene because currently things are broken and can't be fixed without working APIs
* GUI does not allow override behaviour anymore as to avoid users inadvertently overriding files
As of 3.61 I can no longer use ani.db. Every time I try it says "Runtime Exception: Failed to parse Episode data from XML"

Any idea why?
Works for me. Or you excessively using AniDB? They might block you temporarily for that.
I didn't think I was. But its working now so I guess i did get a temp ban. I thought it was a 3.61 problem because it happened on the same day that I updated.

Thanks for your help.
How would you say filebot matching precision compares to the one in xbmc?
Thanks
It's completely different. XBMC expects well-organized files. FileBots raison d'ĂȘtre is make what you have into well-organized files.
What about the other perl organiser called SortTV? Are Filebot algorithms better?
I'd guess SortTV is works pretty much the same as XBMC but I don't really use neither. I just know doing this well is extremely hard, and I've probably spent more time on this problem than anybody else. Tongue

I can't be bothered to benchmark though. Use what works best for you. Wink
Well, SortTV doesn't get subtitles, that is a huge plus for Filebot. Filebot subtitle downloader might be the best out there, maybe even better then the XBMC subtitle addon.
Is there a use guide for filebot? I cannot make it out, there is no menu system...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15