Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC in Casa 400 Hotel Amsterdam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just figured that in the Hotel I'm staying on my business trip they run a modified XBMC version. Check this out:

I don't really see the point in this since it only offers Live TV capacities and no movie / TV series / music selection but eh, it's still cool.

On the back on the TV is a box with a label of "Utelisys", which seems to be an Amsterdam brand
(2012-06-13, 20:43)Spaggi Wrote: [ -> ]I just figured that in the Hotel I'm staying on my business trip they run a modified XBMC version. Check this out:

I don't really see the point in this since it only offers Live TV capacities and no movie / TV series / music selection but eh, it's still cool.

On the back on the TV is a box with a label of "Utelisys", which seems to be an Amsterdam brand

How could you control the box? IR remote? I cannot see the receiver.
Its quite interesting construction. Besides an Hdmi connection, there is a cable leading from the tv "data" port (which has he same plug as a network port) into the box (looks like a VGA plug)

From how the remote behaved, I can say it uses he tv sensor
Probably running this:
http://www.at-visions.com/hotel-tv-en.html

The link has been on the xbmc website for a while
(2012-06-13, 21:15)Spaggi Wrote: [ -> ]Its quite interesting construction. Besides an Hdmi connection, there is a cable leading from the tv "data" port (which has he same plug as a network port) into the box (looks like a VGA plug)

Sounds interesting, I would check that
Wow, I totally want my XBMC to have an app for ordering room service, even if I'm not actually in a hotel.

Wait, wait, how about addons that interface with various fast foot company's online ordering systems?

PIZZA ORDERED FROM XBMC. THINK ABOUT IT. D:
(2012-06-14, 02:00)DJ_Izumi Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, wait, how about addons that interface with various fast foot company's online ordering systems?

PIZZA ORDERED FROM XBMC. THINK ABOUT IT. D:

That's the single greatest idea I've heard this year!
There was a python plugin back in the Xbox days that ordered from pizza from dominos online
(2012-06-14, 14:47)Jezz_X Wrote: [ -> ]There was a python plugin back in the Xbox days that ordered from pizza from dominos online

Count me in!
this idea is great to be able to order online via xbmc.
That is a pretty great idea. Jealous I didn't think about it!
Any links to the source files of this modified version?
it's just scripts...
(2012-06-13, 21:15)Spaggi Wrote: [ -> ]Its quite interesting construction. Besides an Hdmi connection, there is a cable leading from the tv "data" port (which has he same plug as a network port) into the box (looks like a VGA plug)

Do you mean cec adapter?
(2012-06-21, 13:53)spiff Wrote: [ -> ]it's just scripts...

Interesting since they offer live tv, streaming or transcoding, this is a hell of a script. Given all available channels, i would say a single pvr transcode to all clients.
what they do on the other end of a http connection is none of our concern...
Pages: 1 2 3