Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switching from HDMI/optical/analogic easily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For now, my HTPC is linked to my TV by HMDI and to my A/V receiver by S/PDIF (optical) and XBMC audio is setup to use optical output.

But it's not "power efficient" to power on my A/V receiver just to watch a 2.0 TV shows or movie Sad

What XBMC 12.0 should be able to do :

- Settings > System > Audio output 1 : Enable and setup audio output 1 (HDMI for me)

- Settings > System > Audio output 2 : Enable and setup audio output 2 (optical/coax for me)

- Settings > System > Audio output 3 : Enable and setup audio output 3 (analog if needed)

Here is a screenshot modded with The Gimp :

Now, on XBMC, when pressing Mute (or other key) on remote/keyboard and XBMC is not playing something, XBMC switch from audio output 1 to audio output 2. Press Mute again and XBMC switch to Audio output 3 (if enabled) or Audio output 1.

So it's WAF compliant and it's ecological Big Grin

Is it a good idea ? Is it possible ? Maybe that Audio Engine provide this feature ?
Hi,

i really think this would be a great solution - is anyone working on somthing like this?

i own a intel nuc with 2 hdmi outputs one is connected to my tv and one to my avr - with frodo i need to
change the audio hdmi output in the system area - is there any shortcut to do this?

thanks
lg
Alois
No, requests to make GUI settings more complicated will not be accepted.
I don't see the Mute-Button becoming a big hit either, but having different audio profiles that could be swichted via shortcut could be a winner IMHO.
For sure it should be not complicated - maybe only activated as 'advanced' setting ...

Or if possible only an api call which allows to directly change audio settings (in my case switching the hdmi audi output...)

AL