Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Main Menu Customizer isn't working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-07-21, 05:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-21, 05:45)Angelscry Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-21, 05:41)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to create a Favorite in the Main Menu Customizer? I do not have a guisettings.xml. Please help, ty.
You MUST have a guisettings.xml file :
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml
  • Vista/Windows 7: Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml
  • Mac OS X: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
  • iOS: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
  • Linux: $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

only exception is windows in portable mode, then you can find it somewhere in your xbmc installation directory.

I have looked in the installation directory and Vista/Windows 7:[/b] Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml. There is no file App Data folder or guisettings.xml. Any idea why this is happening?
it cannot happen. very simple. check if you have installed it as an admin, then the path is probable /Users/Administrator/....
easiest would be to search the complete /users/... directory for "XBMC".
My AppData folder was hidden from view. I had to go to Organize>Folder and Search Options>Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Explorer. Now that I've found it, how do I edit the .xml file? Can I edit it in Word Pad? I'm new to this stuff, any help is greatly appreciated, ty.
(2012-07-21, 07:09)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]My AppData folder was hidden from view. I had to go to Organize>Folder and Search Options>Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Explorer. Now that I've found it, how do I edit the .xml file? Can I edit it in Word Pad? I'm new to this stuff, any help is greatly appreciated, ty.

no, either notepad or better notepad++ (google for it)
On line 1685 I found <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path">

but I do not see: ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;W:\Musikvideos\&quot;,return)</setting>

The instuctions say to remove the 2
Code:
&quot; .

I'm still confused and am not sure what this means. What am I suppose to do?
(2012-07-21, 07:57)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]On line 1685 I found <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path">

but I do not see: ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;W:\Musikvideos\&quot;,return)</setting>

Code:
&quot; .

one of the .CustomHomeItemX.Path is linkin to your advancedlauncher shortcut. find it and remove the &quot; if there are any.
(2012-07-21, 08:05)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-21, 07:57)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]On line 1685 I found <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path">

Code:
&quot; .

one of the .CustomHomeItemX.Path is linkin to your advancedlauncher shortcut. find it and remove the &quot; if there are any.

Line 1685 is the only line that is a .CustomHomeItemX.Path. Still stumped, any more suggestions?

copy & paste the line here
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path"></setting>
(2012-07-21, 08:31)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path"></setting>

you´re doing something wrong.
a) you copy & pasted the wrong entry out of your guisettings.xml
b) you didn´t set up any custom main menu item
(2012-07-21, 08:35)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-21, 08:31)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.CustomHomeItem1.Path"></setting>

you´re doing something wrong.
a) you copy & pasted the wrong entry out of your guisettings.xml
b) you didn´t set up any custom main menu item

I know, I am trying to add Hyperspin as a Favorite with Advanced Launcher. Am I suppose to be adding it as a Custom Menu Item and not a Favorite?
do you have script.favourites installed?
please tell once again a bit more detailed what you all tried and how.
Is this an add on? If so, where do i find it?
i give up. this is too much for me.
Why is this so difficult?!? All I want to do is launch Hyperspin from the main menu in Aeon Nox 3.0.1 w/ advanced launcher. When I go into the Main Menu customizer and try to select the Favorite path for HS, nothing happens. I have set up HS with advanced launcher correctly, and is working fine with other skins when HS is selected as a favorite. It even worked with the previous version of Aeon Nox!
Pages: 1 2 3