Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS-HD stutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm using the beta version.

I have a Pioneer receiver and wanted to enable DTS-HD. When ever I enable it, the video stutters on Bluray playback.

I'm using Intel HD 4000 for graphics.
Sound is going though HDMI.

Can anyone help please?
Check out my "post #21".....
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My issue only seems to happen when I put a tick in DTS-HD. ?
As soon as I do that, the picture seriously judders in slow motion. I suppose like still frame, but slow moving.
(2012-11-20, 14:26)SolidSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My issue only seems to happen when I put a tick in DTS-HD. ?
As soon as I do that, the picture seriously judders in slow motion. I suppose like still frame, but slow moving.
For Intel iGPU, you need to do as following-

Video setttings-
-Disable DXVA2 and select Software as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback

Audio settings-
You can follow the instructions in SETUP section of this thread to setup bitstreaming HD audio- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

If incorrect audio output is selected in XBMC, you'll have stuttering issues.....
Thanks... I have an Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE ITX board.
For audio it has...

RealtekĀ® ALC898 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Ultra PC II
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

I have Gone into Audio Output in XBMC and the only options I have are Realtek.
I've got WASAPI selected for Audio output and Passthrough.

I spotted this...
3. Install the latest "AMD CCC driver" (Note: if you installed Realtek, you need to un-install it)

Do I really need to remove the Reaktek or is what I have so far good to go?

I have a Pioneer LX-82 amp and also Monitor Audio speakers. So I really need the best sounds setup.
With the current setup I have.

thanks
Check your Windows settings against this xbmc wiki page http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...udioEngine

Check Supported Formats to ensure all codecs are reported.

Check that the Intel Management Interface Engine driver is installed, link to instructions at bottom of above wiki page.

If you've still got a problem after going through that post a debug log, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
hi,

Ok I checked that.

I have the Intel Management Engine Interface installed. I'd previously grabbed the driver for the HD 4000 series from the Intel page and installed it.

But, wiki shows as having supported formats I don't have listed. All I'm seeing under the RealTek HDMI Output --> Supported formats is...
Samples:
44.1 hz
48.0 hz
96.0 hz
192.0 hz

formats:
AAC
DTS Audio
Dolby Digital
Microsoft WMA Pro Audio.

There is no DTS-HD or Dolby True-HD

But on the intel HD 4000 spec sheet....
Dolby TrueHD* and DTS*-HD Master Audio it says Yes

Also... after following that guide... with DTS-HD on... still lags.. and that's with DXVA2 disabled and Render to Software
To me something is screwed up on the drivers, if you have Intel HD4000 grapghics you shouldn't have Realtek listed against the HDMI device if you have the Intel driver installed, uninstall the realtek driver and re-install the Intel graphic driver. In Sound your HDMI device should be listed something like Intel High Definition Audio.
In the Realtek software that come with the motherboard....

It shows SPDIF and HDMI... so I'm wondering if that's how it works on the board?
That realtek manages the HDMI side of it?
Nope, if you've got the Intel HD4000 integrated graphics you need the Intel driver install to manage graphics & audio on the HDMI, under no circumstances should it show as Realtek.
(2012-11-20, 22:42)SolidSkin Wrote: [ -> ]In the Realtek software that come with the motherboard....

It shows SPDIF and HDMI... so I'm wondering if that's how it works on the board?
That realtek manages the HDMI side of it?
Do these-

-Make sure that your HTPC is connected in this order- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables
-Make sure that you select the proper HDMI input/output in AVR and select proper HDMI input in HDTV
-Un-install Realtek completely
-Update Intel latest driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates
-Select Intel HDMI output in Windows control panel sound/playback
-Follow the instructions in "How to Bitstreaming using XBMC"

You should see these formats in Windows control panel-

You should see these configurations in XBMC-

I have the intel driver installed.

When I say I'm seeing it show as Realtek I'm referring to the sound control panel.

Hm :Z

When I removed the realtek software and then I removed the intel software. I rebooted.. I checked the sound area and windows had just installed the basic sound drivers.
I went ahead and installed the Intel HD 4000 drivers from the Intel web site (x64) and rebooted.

The HDMI is showing but the "formats" lists nothing. Totally empty.
(2012-11-21, 17:54)SolidSkin Wrote: [ -> ]The HDMI is showing but the "formats" lists nothing. Totally empty.
What is your AVR brand and model?

Can you post screenshots of the "Sound - Playback" window that lists available devices and the "Supported Formats" window, you can use a free image host website such as Imageshack.
Solved.

When I plugged the HTPC into the Pioneer LX-82 amp. Then there was an extra icon within the audio area listed as Pioneer LX82.
It then showed all the supported formats, DTS-HD and the rest are listed Big Grin
This is also listed as been part of the Intel HD audio.

Thanks for your help all !!
Pages: 1 2