Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xperience1080 2.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
`Black, would you consider adding IMDB Top 250 information in any of the movie views? That would make Xperience1080 complete for me. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
If pressing right twice when in the Info List view displayed the Plot overlay on top of the fanart that would really make the skin perfect for me, is this possible/easily implemented?
Sorry I just read somewhere in this thread regarding music video's.

I am not sure if someone has said this before so I apologise if they have.

Like most people I have nagged and nagged for ages for music videos.

However there is a very simple way that YOU can add music videos to this skin.

1. Go to Music and find Music Videos
2. Right click on Music Videos and add as a favourite (the mouse will work but not properly)
3. Go back to the main screen and then click on a blank box (usually Music)
4. Use the scroll on Type and select Favourite
5. Find Music Videos
6. Select that and either show the name or create a PNG file for it.

You can specify how deep you wish the Music Video Favourite is, either going to the main screen or albums, artists etc.

Music Videos is very easy thing to set up yourself. I think that Xperience ++ uses a similar system but has it as a set function.

Regards

Mark

P.S This is just a quick workaround but it would be good if Music Video's was properly catered for, such as doing a party mode while in the Music Video section so it act's a Video Jukebox.
(2013-08-12, 17:57)holydhaliwal Wrote: [ -> ]If pressing right twice when in the Info List view displayed the Plot overlay on top of the fanart that would really make the skin perfect for me, is this possible/easily implemented?

Good suggestion, will add it.

@bsoriano
I'll maybe add it to the movie information dialog.
(2013-08-12, 18:15)Mark Norville Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I just read somewhere in this thread regarding music video's.

I am not sure if someone has said this before so I apologise if they have.

Like most people I have nagged and nagged for ages for music videos.

However there is a very simple way that YOU can add music videos to this skin.

1. Go to Music and find Music Videos
2. Right click on Music Videos and add as a favourite (the mouse will work but not properly)
3. Go back to the main screen and then click on a blank box (usually Music)
4. Use the scroll on Type and select Favourite
5. Find Music Videos
6. Select that and either show the name or create a PNG file for it.

You can specify how deep you wish the Music Video Favourite is, either going to the main screen or albums, artists etc.

Music Videos is very easy thing to set up yourself. I think that Xperience ++ uses a similar system but has it as a set function.

Regards

Mark

P.S This is just a quick workaround but it would be good if Music Video's was properly catered for, such as doing a party mode while in the Music Video section so it act's a Video Jukebox.

This is essentially what I do, replacing the "music addons" button as my only two other music addons currently reside in the blank squares already. It feels quite clean and intended having a sub box for music videos under the music tab to me.
I'm not sure if this has been asked before because of the size of this thread, but would you be willing to add the horizontal layout that's available in Xperience1080+ to this skin `Black? It's the only reason I'm still using the Xperience1080+ skin.
If you refer to the home screen -> no.
Few of the latest updates are now on github. I created a new branch for the Frodo version because the master branch contains now changes for Gotham. So if you use Frodo, checkout and pull changes from the Frodo branch.
Thanks for the updates however I don't think all the changes to the info list view look very good, the sort by label looks kind of lost and I think that the watched indicators looked better on the right hand side, I also miss the HD/SD logo being present as it made it easier to see the quality in overview. Other than that thanks for all the changes!

EDIT: I also think that the episode preview thumbs in banner view should be 16:9 as they look wrong cut to 4:3. Sorry if I'm seeming too negative.
Thanks for the fixes and updates. But have to agree with tungmeister, i personally don't like the gaps between the unwatched indicators.
Wouldn't mind their position if there was an option for watched indicators as well. And with the episode count maybe a v sign or something for watched series.
And recently added episodes doesn't show the name of the series anymore and liked the 0.0 if there was no rating instead of gap.. Blush
The gap will stay there, also the watched indicators won't come back. Just use it for a week or two and you'll agree with me that it's better than before, it's just new and unfamiliar now.

About the SD/HD indicators. The only thing I use them for is to check which movies or episodes still need an update from SD -> HD. Since that's much easier with a smart playlist, I removed the clutter from the info list view. Will probably do this also in the default list view.

The "Sort by: ..." label on top is like a separator... you quickly see in which "column" the title is.
I personally prefer the new way of the unwatched indicator, I can easily just skim my library and see what needs watching. Also having two indicators for watched and unwatched got confusing with the family!

the "sort by" label is a nice idea but the placement just throws me off. I would of prefered it to be in the top left with the other "info" stuff, like the image below. That way all the info about movies section is together.

Kind of like "786 Items / Page 31/77 / Sorted by Title"

(2013-08-14, 19:19)`Black Wrote: [ -> ]The gap will stay there, also the watched indicators won't come back. Just use it for a week or two and you'll agree with me that it's better than before, it's just new and unfamiliar now.

About the SD/HD indicators. The only thing I use them for is to check which movies or episodes still need an update from SD -> HD. Since that's much easier with a smart playlist, I removed the clutter from the info list view. Will probably do this also in the default list view.

The "Sort by: ..." label on top is like a separator... you quickly see in which "column" the title is.

I have no problem with only having unwatched indicators, I just think that the looked better on the right hand side rather than preceding the list item, what about the viewable aspect ratio on the episode thumbs in banner view?
I thought after the size increase of the focused layout the whole thing was too wide with 16:9 thumbs so I made them 200px less wide. I probably change it back to 16:9 but won't change the position of the list so that the focusedlayout isn't centered horizontally.
I really like all the other changes to banner view, especially the way you've integrated the scroll bar within the layout. the episode thumb was my only issue.