Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Last.fm addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I installed this in the hope it would better the built in one in what seems the most important way - as well as 'now playing' I'd like it to actually record the tracks as 'recently listened'...

Which it does !

Thanks guys - you should get the main XBMC project to just delete their built in support, or add this plug as a default one instead.

Tom
(2013-07-04, 20:55)falken Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys - you should get the main XBMC project to just delete their built in support, or add this plug as a default one instead.

if your version of xbmc still has built-in support for last.fm, than it's pretty outdated ;-)
(2013-07-05, 01:25)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-04, 20:55)falken Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys - you should get the main XBMC project to just delete their built in support, or add this plug as a default one instead.

if your version of xbmc still has built-in support for last.fm, than it's pretty outdated ;-)

It's the most recent stable OpenELEC build, which is XBMC 12.2 - hardly old.

Tom
(2013-07-06, 17:17)falken Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 01:25)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

Tom
odd, i'm pretty sure built-in last.fm support was removed before the 12.0 release.
(2013-07-06, 21:50)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 01:25)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]if your version of xbmc still has built-in support for last.fm, than it's pretty outdated ;-)

Tom
odd, i'm pretty sure built-in last.fm support was removed before the 12.0 release.
(shrug) :-) Best keep that note about disabling the built in support in the docs then !

Tom
(2013-05-22, 19:53)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-22, 15:30)bonie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-20, 21:15)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]please post a debug log of the error and i'll have a look.

here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21297

you mapped the love/ban commands to a key on your keyboard/remote.
that won't work. those commands can only be used in the skin xml.

Why is that? Pre frodo (i guess) had support for mapping love to a key using:
<green>LastFM.Love</green>

Wouldn't it be possible to include same behavior in this plugin?

Best regards

(2013-07-06, 21:50)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 01:25)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]if your version of xbmc still has built-in support for last.fm, than it's pretty outdated ;-)

Tom

Actually in built support for last.fm is included in frodo 12.2. Only scrobbling though but it do work nicely.
(2013-07-08, 13:14)soehest Wrote: [ -> ]Why is that? Pre frodo (i guess) had support for mapping love to a key using:

it may be possible, but i'll have to change the addon a bit.
i will look into it.

(2013-07-08, 13:14)soehest Wrote: [ -> ]Actually in built support for last.fm is included in frodo 12.2. Only scrobbling though but it do work nicely.

ahhh...that's were all the confusion comes from :-)
silly me was assuming we were discussing last.fm radio.
scrobbling is indeed still available in frodo (but it's been removed in nightlies)
(2013-07-08, 13:14)soehest Wrote: [ -> ]Why is that? Pre frodo (i guess) had support for mapping love to a key using:

please test: plugin.audio.lastfm-0.1.5.zip

the keymap commands are:
RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Love)
RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Ban)
(2013-07-10, 22:21)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

please test: plugin.audio.lastfm-0.1.5.zip

the keymap commands are:

Thank you so much for picking this up, means a lot to me (and probabaly other users as well)

Just gave it a quick testrun and did find a few issues:

Running on windows:
Binding RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Love) to a key works out nicely. A confirmation dialog will pop up asking if one wish to add to loved tracks.
Binding RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Ban) does not work. No confirmation dialog, nothing.

EDIT: Just browsed through the source and it would seem ban only works when listening to radio (elif action == 'LastFM.Ban' and xbmcgui.Window( 10000 ).getProperty('LastFM.RadioPlaying') == 'true'Smile so this would explain why nothing is happening. I do not use the radio from last.fm, sorry about this confusion just wanted to test the two new bind options.

Running on Linux:

RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Love) will spit out an error in the gui. It actually works as i can see the tracks on my last.fm page does get a litte love ;-)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36311

Best Regards
thanx a bunch for testing and the error report !
you're correct, banning is only supported for songs listened to through last.fm radio.

the error should hopefully be fixed in:
plugin.audio.lastfm-0.1.6.zip
(2013-07-12, 21:45)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]the error should hopefully be fixed in:
plugin.audio.lastfm-0.1.6.zip

Perfect! It is working. Thank you so much, now i feel at home again :-)

Best Regards
(2013-07-10, 22:21)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]the keymap commands are:

Thanks, this is important to me too Smile

Is there a specific section in remote.xml we should use these in, or do we just put them in <global>?
(2013-07-23, 04:24)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-10, 22:21)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]the keymap commands are:

Thanks, this is important to me too Smile

Is there a specific section in remote.xml we should use these in, or do we just put them in <global>?
if you want those commands to work all throughout the skin, add them to the global section.
otherwise, add them to the window specific sections if you want to use those commands only in specific windows.
(2013-07-23, 18:02)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]if you want those commands to work all throughout the skin, add them to the global section.
otherwise, add them to the window specific sections if you want to use those commands only in specific windows.

Sure, it's just a matter of working out which specific sections might be useful to put them in.

I haven't currently got green or yellow mapped in global though, so I'll probably use that for now.

It gets a bit confusing having to check with the system remote.xml to see what's mapped there and might override buttons in specific sections if I don't map them specifically in my userdata\keymaps\remote.xml Confused
Is anyone else still experiencing crashes of xbmc (not just plugin) when listening to last.fm radio? Is there some setting that I've forgotten about? It seems to last quite a while - a good hour or so - and then just gives up!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12